Why is it I feel different at different times of day

Dragonflys

I wonder......

Sometimes I feel so unhappy about my recent breakup that I cannot function. Unsually I am like this in the afternoon, and I think it is because she works on the floor below me and I start thinking about her at work. Yet after about 10pm at night I feel so much better and rational about it all, and also in the morning.

I also feel better when I talk about the situation with her, even if we don't get anywhere and I still know what will ultimately happen.

Doesn't that go to show that all the feelings we generate are just based on fantasy?. It just seems almost impossible to shake it off at certain parts of the day, or when alone...its like a mindnoise that is loudest at that time.

Any theories or knowledge about this?

We create certain rythmns in our life. Our blood sugar, which greatly affects our thought and behavior, is higher and lower and different times of the day or night. Many people associate different times of the day with certain events from their past and those times become prompts for certain feelings and memories.

You will naturally feel ups and downs after a break up. Be kind to yourself and don't analyze so much. Give yourself plenty of time to feel what you have to feel at whatever time those feelings come to you. These are things you have to go through in order to heal and emerge a better stronger person.

Why are you still talking to this lady? If you have broken up with her, contact right now will only prolong your moodswings and your healing process. Sever contact with her, no matter how difficult it is. She is basically an addiction and you feel good when you are talking to her...but she is NOT in your life any longer. After six months or a year, then give her a call and you can chat with her on a different level. By that time, you may not even care to call her.

As for feelings based on fantasy, I don't think a lot of feelings are...but I do know that a lot of people live in a fantasy world and base their feelings on what they hope will happen rather than reality...I guess, in that sense, your theory is correct. How sad. Feelings should be based on truth and what is actual, not what is hoped for or imagined. Ah, maybe is doesn't make any difference...feelings are feelings.

Be patient with yourself and give yourself time to get back to normal.

I somtimes think that our attachment to certain people is based on a projection on to them of what we would really like them to be because we need them to be that way. Therefore, like onto a blank movie screen, we throw our images of desire on that person. Then, when that person does not live up to these images or when they don't give us what we want, we become hopelessly disillusioned and suffer horribly. Meanwhile, we are the ones who created the illusion to begin with.

We create certain rythmns in our life. Our blood sugar, which greatly affects our thought and behavior, is higher and lower and different times of the day or night. Many people associate different times of the day with certain events from their past and those times become prompts for certain feelings and memories. You will naturally feel ups and downs after a break up. Be kind to yourself and don't analyze so much. Give yourself plenty of time to feel what you have to feel at whatever time those feelings come to you. These are things you have to go through in order to heal and emerge a better stronger person. Why are you still talking to this lady? If you have broken up with her, contact right now will only prolong your moodswings and your healing process. Sever contact with her, no matter how difficult it is. She is basically an addiction and you feel good when you are talking to her...but she is NOT in your life any longer. After six months or a year, then give her a call and you can chat with her on a different level. By that time, you may not even care to call her. As for feelings based on fantasy, I don't think a lot of feelings are...but I do know that a lot of people live in a fantasy world and base their feelings on what they hope will happen rather than reality...I guess, in that sense, your theory is correct. How sad. Feelings should be based on truth and what is actual, not what is hoped for or imagined. Ah, maybe is doesn't make any difference...feelings are feelings. Be patient with yourself and give yourself time to get back to normal.