guy don't know how to give emotinal support

sorry katie but when it comes to guys giving emotional support your better off talking to a rock. i don't know why this is so, guys? anyone care to or dare to answer this one, for katie? i doubt it.....sorry katie.but good luck.

Good question.

First, most men are too stupid to understand when women are wanting emotional support. When men do offer it, the ladies often say they don't want to talk about it. Many men would like to offer emotional support but as well intentioned as they are, they go about it the wrong way and the ladies don't understand what they are offering and get pissed.

It's just a difference between the sexes. Men are, for the most part, very concerned about the feelings of their ladies but the ladies have to explain in very clear and specific terms what they need.

A lot of men are just too stupid to understand that women think differently and need support for things that men would normally consider trivial.

Some men are too busy making money for child support to give emotional support.

Many men want to offer support but the woman will never tell them what the problem is...until they get to divorce court.

Most women don't want emotional support anyway. They just want the guy to listen. If they would buy some spots on the sports channel, CNN, Monday Night Football, NBA Basketball, or Who Wants To Be A Maillionaire, the guys would be happy to listen. But men have a built in attention deficit disorder that doesn't allow them to listen to a woman for too long without offering a fix.

Women don't want their problems solved...they just want a man to listen. Men don't want to listen...they just want to solve the problem. My solution for women is to buy a cassette recorder...spill your guts onto an audio tape...and let the guy listen to it to and from work. Then give him a quiz when he gets home to be sure he listened. If he didn't listen, then no dinner and no sex. Sounds fair to me.

So women want to be listened to. You got to tell your man you just want him to sit and listen. Try rubbing his back while you talk to him. That will get his attention. If you can talk and give oral sex, all the better. But just learn to be entertaining...to talk about what's bugging you in an entertaining way...even sing your problems...that would be great.

I think men ought to be given credit for wanting to fix things up for his lady. I think men are very sincere in that. If they only knew that all the woman wanted was just to be listened to, maybe he wouldn't have bought her that new Corvette or taken her on a $25,000 two month cruise around the world.

Talk is cheap and so is listening. Nothing like a cheap relationship.

billy the kid

the previous post just proves that he is not male... I am and don't mind listening to my ladies problems, sorrows, and troubles, and that is while I am rubbing her feet, towleing her off after a shower or serving her dinner in bed.. most of my male aquaintences feel the same.. not all guys watch sports or can tell you where the Rangers are or where the oilers went... It really depends on the person.. It's like saying all blondes are dumb....Jen find a male friend to talk to, not one your having a relationship with.. I am assumeing that he trusts you enough to have male friends...

Good question. First, most men are too stupid to understand when women are wanting emotional support. When men do offer it, the ladies often say they don't want to talk about it. Many men would like to offer emotional support but as well intentioned as they are, they go about it the wrong way and the ladies don't understand what they are offering and get pissed. It's just a difference between the sexes. Men are, for the most part, very concerned about the feelings of their ladies but the ladies have to explain in very clear and specific terms what they need. A lot of men are just too stupid to understand that women think differently and need support for things that men would normally consider trivial.

Some men are too busy making money for child support to give emotional support. Many men want to offer support but the woman will never tell them what the problem is...until they get to divorce court. Most women don't want emotional support anyway. They just want the guy to listen. If they would buy some spots on the sports channel, CNN, Monday Night Football, NBA Basketball, or Who Wants To Be A Maillionaire, the guys would be happy to listen. But men have a built in attention deficit disorder that doesn't allow them to listen to a woman for too long without offering a fix. Women don't want their problems solved...they just want a man to listen. Men don't want to listen...they just want to solve the problem. My solution for women is to buy a cassette recorder...spill your guts onto an audio tape...and let the guy listen to it to and from work. Then give him a quiz when he gets home to be sure he listened. If he didn't listen, then no dinner and no sex. Sounds fair to me. So women want to be listened to. You got to tell your man you just want him to sit and listen. Try rubbing his back while you talk to him. That will get his attention. If you can talk and give oral sex, all the better. But just learn to be entertaining...to talk about what's bugging you in an entertaining way...even sing your problems...that would be great. I think men ought to be given credit for wanting to fix things up for his lady. I think men are very sincere in that. If they only knew that all the woman wanted was just to be listened to, maybe he wouldn't have bought her that new Corvette or taken her on a $25,000 two month cruise around the world. Talk is cheap and so is listening. Nothing like a cheap relationship.

o.k. so maybe some guys do listen, but i don't want to go to a male friend for support, i want it from my man, if i don't get it from him, then yeah maybe i would turn to someone else, another man, but that don't seem right. by the way billy are you married? if so i envy your wife or your girlfriend. all i want is to be heard and to maybe have my feelings validated, some people make me feel stupid for having the feelings i have, namely my b'f. i end up keeping things in cause i can't talk to him. it's not a big deal to him, he's not the one going through it. i feel i have been supportive of him for things that may seem trivial to me, but still i offer him words or a hug or whatever seems appropriate, he don't take it too well either tho. maybe he's just not an emotional guy. tony's idea is great, to buy a spot on a sports channel, that would definitely get his attention cause when sports are on he gives it 100% of his attention. i wish i was a football.

the previous post just proves that he is not male... I am and don't mind listening to my ladies problems, sorrows, and troubles, and that is while I am rubbing her feet, towleing her off after a shower or serving her dinner in bed.. most of my male aquaintences feel the same.. not all guys watch sports or can tell you where the Rangers are or where the oilers went... It really depends on the person.. It's like saying all blondes are dumb....Jen find a male friend to talk to, not one your having a relationship with.. I am assumeing that he trusts you enough to have male friends...
billy the kid

no Katie, at the present time I am not married and no immediate plans in the future, thanks for caring though..

o.k. so maybe some guys do listen, but i don't want to go to a male friend for support, i want it from my man, if i don't get it from him, then yeah maybe i would turn to someone else, another man, but that don't seem right. by the way billy are you married? if so i envy your wife or your girlfriend. all i want is to be heard and to maybe have my feelings validated, some people make me feel stupid for having the feelings i have, namely my b'f. i end up keeping things in cause i can't talk to him. it's not a big deal to him, he's not the one going through it. i feel i have been supportive of him for things that may seem trivial to me, but still i offer him words or a hug or whatever seems appropriate, he don't take it too well either tho. maybe he's just not an emotional guy. tony's idea is great, to buy a spot on a sports channel, that would definitely get his attention cause when sports are on he gives it 100% of his attention. i wish i was a football.