First date was a disaster - help

My sister has the most beautiful friend who I've always wanted to get to know. With a bit of encouragement from my sister I finally asked her friend out on a date. I had it all planned out. I wanted to take her to dinner then a movie, but I though it would be fun to start out roller skating. Perhaps that was a mistake considering I've only been skating a few times. I kind of had a mishap that unfortunately involved her. While I was skating next to her, I lost control and started to go down. I instinctively grabbed what I could to keep from falling and grabbed on to her without thinking. Well before I knew what I was doing, I latched onto her strapless top and pulled it down with me as I fell to the ground, completely exposing her breasts for everyone to see. I guess that kind of top doesn't lend itself to a bra. I didn't mean to do that, it just all happened so fast. Because she is so well endowed, if you know what I mean, she is particularly sensitive to the fact that most guys are only interested in her because of what nature had so generously provided for her. My sister had clued me in on this before the date and warned me to be a perfect gentleman. I doubt what I did is what my sister had in mind when she gave me this piece of advice. After that debacle, she seemed a bit upset and just wanted to go home. I didn't even get to take her out to dinner. When I dropped her off, I told her I'd like to see her again, before realizing how that sounded under the circumstances. I like to be an optimist, but the only redeeming quality I could find about this first date is that no one was injured. I really feel I made a poor first impression. Can anyone give me some advice on how to recover from this? I'd really like to give this another try.

Frankly, I think it was a great way to start off a wonderful romance. She may have been upset that night but once it sticks to her that it was totally unintentional on your part, she may see the humor in it. If she's as great as you say, that's the way she'll see it. It will be a memory she will keep for the rest of her life and share with her grandchildren (and yours). What a great story for the Newlywed Game.

I would write her a very nice, eloquent note, as quickly as possible, apologizing for the accident ans assuring her you will take extensive skating lessons before inviting her to a rink again. Don't go overboard but let her know how much you had looked forward to getting to know her better and that you'd like to take her to dinner to help in that process.

If you really want to absolutely impress the hell out of her, call the art department at your local newspaper and have one of the artists draw an original card (size it up in advance so you can get an envelope for it). On the front of it, have the artist draw a picture of a couple falling down on a skating rink. (Don't even put a hint that boobs may be showing) Put a caption: "I know my rating isn't very high at skating..." Then open it to a closeup picture of you with her at a restaurant dinner table...with you stuffing your mouth with food...and have ketsup dribbling down your face, etc. Put a caption underneath: "But I'm a real winner when it comes to dinner." On the left side write your note of apology or insert it on a page of paper.

If a local newspaper artist won't whip you up something, look in your phonebook under graphic artists, artists, or call some local printers, art schools, or advertising agencies to get the names of artists. Most of them are very nice, will understand your dilema, and will likely not charge you a great price. When the gal sees what trouble you went through, she will love you forever. I will never tell her it was my idea.

Ladies like things that are original or different. If you don't do what I have suggested, think of some other original things you can do.

My bet is you can get past this pretty easily. If you really play your cards right, you could be married to her in six months. Stick with me, dude!!!

I like Tony's thoughts and suggestions on this one. I think that by apologizing in a different way she will definitely understand. All great couples have a great first date story. Just let her know that you are sorry and that it was completely unintentional.