Good FRIENDS!

I think this is a common problem but I still cant get a satisfactory response. My problem is...

I met this girl about 5 years ago and since then we've been really good friends. We were together throughout college, sharing practically every course. The problem is over these years ive really been crazy about her. Since graduation, I havent seen her much but instead of being less attracted, im even more now than before and simply cannot stop thinking about her. During college she was in a serious relationship so I never went any further but recently she broke up with her boyfriend and this has just added fuel to the fire.

Now,I'm slmost sure that she is not interested in more than a friendship as even after the breakup I havent seen a change in her feelings towards me. SOO. the dilemma is,, Should I say anything and potentially risk the friendship or should I simply bury my feelings and hope they'll go away since I know nothing positive can come out of them.

There are other factors also which I think will prevent the two of us from ever getting romantically involved.. Despite ALL THAT.. I cannot stop thinking about her.. so PLEASE HELP!

Well without knowing the other reasons you can be involved I advise you on what you should do... If there are enough reasons you can't be together than why ruin the friendship.. Now if the reasons are not severe and you might be able to get around them... Then discuss your feelings with her by all means! Your feelings will not just magically go away and you will just be tormenting yourself if you don't say anything. This one is a hard one to answer without all the facts... If you can supply more info I might be able to help you more..

If there are other factors that will prevent you from every getting involved with her, why are you bothering with this matter? Unless you can cure these other problems, which you don't care to share with us, it's a lost cause.

However, I think you should be nice to yourself and avoid this lady. Torturing yourself because she likes you as a friend and you are in love with her is not being nice to yourself. And just think how depressed you'll get when she finds a romantic interest and brings him over to introduce him to you...and tells you she's going to marry him.

There is no point in saying anything to her about how you feel because, as you state, there are other factors which preclude the two of you ever getting together.

Be nice to yourself. Stop thinking about her.

billy the kid

You didn't tell us about the other factors, so I would say be her best friend. so soon after a broken relationship would she be looking for some one new untill she has had some time to forget about him. so give it time and and just be her friend, cuz if you can't be friends what can you be??

I think this is a common problem but I still cant get a satisfactory response. My problem is...

I met this girl about 5 years ago and since then we've been really good friends. We were together throughout college, sharing practically every course. The problem is over these years ive really been crazy about her. Since graduation, I havent seen her much but instead of being less attracted, im even more now than before and simply cannot stop thinking about her. During college she was in a serious relationship so I never went any further but recently she broke up with her boyfriend and this has just added fuel to the fire. Now,I'm slmost sure that she is not interested in more than a friendship as even after the breakup I havent seen a change in her feelings towards me. SOO. the dilemma is,, Should I say anything and potentially risk the friendship or should I simply bury my feelings and hope they'll go away since I know nothing positive can come out of them. There are other factors also which I think will prevent the two of us from ever getting romantically involved.. Despite ALL THAT.. I cannot stop thinking about her.. so PLEASE HELP!