Torn between two lovers.......

Here's my story in a nutshell. I'm hoping someone can give me some reasonable advice.

While scrolling through the personals one day, I saw "T"'s Ad. I wanted to reply because I thought he was the most perfect guy, but I chickened out... Two weeks later "T" responded to MY ad. We talked on-line, via phone and then finally we met. We had a great time together and dated several times after that. He's fun and outgoing and there was a lot of chemisty between us. (Yes, things became intimate.) "T" was newly divorced and told me right away that he was seeing other people. He also told me that he loved my personality and thought we worked well together, BUT didn't want to "jump" into anything too serious just yet. We agreed to keep the relationship "open" and see other people. (I will admit, I was pretty disappointed.)

Through my ad, I then met and started dating "J". "J" is a very sweet, quiet guy who has never been married. "J" is the complete oppisite of "T". "J" and I also went out and had a really good time together. I am very attracted to him physically, and when I'm with him, I can feel a "chemistry" between us also, but when I'm not with him, my thoughts tend to stray towards "T". (Where "T" is more the get up and go type, "J" is more of a "couch potato")

So, here's my problem: "J" told me (after two months of dating) that he loves me and wants to take the relationship to a more serious level. I am confused. I care about the both of them greatly (I speak to both on a daily basis) but I don't know how to make the choice between the two! To make matters worse, "T" seems to be more interested in me now then ever before and has been hinting to me that he might be ready!

Am I insane, or is it possible to be in love with two people at the same time???????

billy the kid

swettie I love your nickname, but beyond that geeeeeze you do have a problem no one seems to want to address... can we start at a really basic level.. do you love your mom and dad? no it isn't the same.. but if you had a dog and cat would you love them the same? again it isn't the same.. If you had two kids or brothers and sisters would you love one more than the other?? ok so where do we go from here???

man this sounds so superfical.. but really what do you want from each? how can each help you and you help them?? so as I have posted in the past, time and inter thought is all that really can help.. none of us can tell you what you want, only you. best wishes

Here's my story in a nutshell. I'm hoping someone can give me some reasonable advice. While scrolling through the personals one day, I saw "T"'s Ad. I wanted to reply because I thought he was the most perfect guy, but I chickened out... Two weeks later "T" responded to MY ad. We talked on-line, via phone and then finally we met. We had a great time together and dated several times after that. He's fun and outgoing and there was a lot of chemisty between us. (Yes, things became intimate.) "T" was newly divorced and told me right away that he was seeing other people. He also told me that he loved my personality and thought we worked well together, BUT didn't want to "jump" into anything too serious just yet. We agreed to keep the relationship "open" and see other people. (I will admit, I was pretty disappointed.) Through my ad, I then met and started dating "J". "J" is a very sweet, quiet guy who has never been married. "J" is the complete oppisite of "T". "J" and I also went out and had a really good time together. I am very attracted to him physically, and when I'm with him, I can feel a "chemistry" between us also, but when I'm not with him, my thoughts tend to stray towards "T". (Where "T" is more the get up and go type, "J" is more of a "couch potato")

So, here's my problem: "J" told me (after two months of dating) that he loves me and wants to take the relationship to a more serious level. I am confused. I care about the both of them greatly (I speak to both on a daily basis) but I don't know how to make the choice between the two! To make matters worse, "T" seems to be more interested in me now then ever before and has been hinting to me that he might be ready! Am I insane, or is it possible to be in love with two people at the same time???????

I do not believe in such a thing to LOVE 2 people at the same time. It is either you do not LOVE either of them, or love one of them, and the other is just an infatuation for you, you might like the other, have lust for him.

Here's my story in a nutshell. I'm hoping someone can give me some reasonable advice. While scrolling through the personals one day, I saw "T"'s Ad. I wanted to reply because I thought he was the most perfect guy, but I chickened out... Two weeks later "T" responded to MY ad. We talked on-line, via phone and then finally we met. We had a great time together and dated several times after that. He's fun and outgoing and there was a lot of chemisty between us. (Yes, things became intimate.) "T" was newly divorced and told me right away that he was seeing other people. He also told me that he loved my personality and thought we worked well together, BUT didn't want to "jump" into anything too serious just yet. We agreed to keep the relationship "open" and see other people. (I will admit, I was pretty disappointed.) Through my ad, I then met and started dating "J". "J" is a very sweet, quiet guy who has never been married. "J" is the complete oppisite of "T". "J" and I also went out and had a really good time together. I am very attracted to him physically, and when I'm with him, I can feel a "chemistry" between us also, but when I'm not with him, my thoughts tend to stray towards "T". (Where "T" is more the get up and go type, "J" is more of a "couch potato")

So, here's my problem: "J" told me (after two months of dating) that he loves me and wants to take the relationship to a more serious level. I am confused. I care about the both of them greatly (I speak to both on a daily basis) but I don't know how to make the choice between the two! To make matters worse, "T" seems to be more interested in me now then ever before and has been hinting to me that he might be ready! Am I insane, or is it possible to be in love with two people at the same time???????

It is certainly possible to love more than one person at a time. It will make you crazy. but it's possible! Only you know which one of these guys will light your fire - choose that one! (If you're ready to make a choice that is) Relationships that go long term are a lot of work, you want to at least be with someone you can have fun with, do things you enjoy with and feel challenged by.