"Just Friends"

I have a little problem im hoping maybe someone has some advice for. Since freshmen year in HS i've been crazy about this girl. I used to follow her around and we would always talk and we ended up being really good friends; but i always wanted more. In junior year she got a boyfriend. He was actully like my best friend was i was 10. I guess i was jealous but i saw her happy so i delt with it. He treared her all right and everything but she loved him so much more then he loved her. I saaw it from the beginning but i could never tell her that she was just going to get hurt. They went out all through the rest of HS and into college. But when she got to college she started to chenge. She would go party and drink now; she also took up smoking. I thought this was a big jump for her considering all she did in HS was study and hang out at her Bf house. But i knew that her BF wouldnt change.... hes just that type of kid. I talked to her alot while we were both away, we were best freinds. She always knew how i felt about her and she loved it. She loved the attention and just the feeling that she knew she was wanted. But i knew that even though she always just said we were only friends and that was all we would ever be i kinda saw her look at me differently a few times. There was one time i took her out to dinner and a movie right before we both went away to school, like a little goodbye thing. NOw all through HS she never went to parties or drank or anything, me on the other hand had dabbled in several diffent form of "entertainment". So i decieded that it was about time she got high. I happened to have my trust dugout in the car with me and noone was at her house so i had her smoke a few batties in her back yard. I didnt smoke for fear of taking advantage of her which i could live with my self if i did. But she looked like she hit cloud 9. She had a grand ol time. Laughing and singing and dancing all over her house. However she also became touchy feely a little and very flirty. Now she never wanted to cheat on her BF so she put distance between me and her. Then she said something i never wish i heard. And i quote " you kno Rob if i didn't have a boyfriend you would have gotten at least a blowjob tonight." Man thats what i needed to hear. So i kindly picked myself up said good night and went home. Never could get that out of my head, i still think about it. So finally in school my chance came. Her and her boyfriend were having some tough times and they took a break to get things out of their systems. Since i was the one in her system she came to visit me at school and we hooked up, no sex though. But i can live with that. So about 2 weeks later i get a call from her and shes in tears. Her boyfriend broke up with her. I felt bad i honestly did, i saw how much he ment to her and even though i wanted her i knew he made her happy. That was about 2 months ago. Since then school got out and were back at home. Since being home i have seen her almost everyday. She says how im her only friend and she sends out some mixed signals. She showed up at my door one sat afternoon, round 1, and woke me up just because she wanted to say hi. If it was anyone else i would have took it like any normal single person would have, she wants me. But since it was her i don't kno what to think. She went out with this kid for 2 and half years and they have only been broken up for 2 months. I want her more then ever now and i don't kno what to do, if anyone has advice it would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I really can't offer much advice just support because I am in a very similar situation. My roommate and I have been friends all through high school as well. We were out of touch for a while and ran into each other a few mos ago, hung out alot and eventually both got and apt together when our leases ran out. Now I am getting totally mixed signals. We have hooked up a couple of times but then it is kind of weird the next day. We know we shouldn't do anything and try to go out of our way not to do anything or like each other but that makes it more weird than if we just acted normal. We both have gotten out of relationships in the last couple of months so I guess we just don't want to hurt each other on the rebound or ruin our friendship, plus living together really throws a kink in things if you piss each other off. I think in your situation, I would take things slow in case she is on the rebound, like you said she really liked the guy and he made her happy. She may try to look for that comfort zone again in you. Since she knows you well and you like her, you probably make her feel wanted and raise her esteem at a point when she is low. Be her friend right now and if anything is too last between you the other stuff will happen in time. Don't hook up too soon though because it will really mess things up, believe me. Hope this helps. If anyone has any advice for either one of us please post.

Have a good day!!

I have a little problem im hoping maybe someone has some advice for. Since freshmen year in HS i've been crazy about this girl. I used to follow her around and we would always talk and we ended up being really good friends; but i always wanted more. In junior year she got a boyfriend. He was actully like my best friend was i was 10. I guess i was jealous but i saw her happy so i delt with it. He treared her all right and everything but she loved him so much more then he loved her. I saaw it from the beginning but i could never tell her that she was just going to get hurt. They went out all through the rest of HS and into college. But when she got to college she started to chenge. She would go party and drink now; she also took up smoking. I thought this was a big jump for her considering all she did in HS was study and hang out at her Bf house. But i knew that her BF wouldnt change.... hes just that type of kid. I talked to her alot while we were both away, we were best freinds. She always knew how i felt about her and she loved it. She loved the attention and just the feeling that she knew she was wanted. But i knew that even though she always just said we were only friends and that was all we would ever be i kinda saw her look at me differently a few times. There was one time i took her out to dinner and a movie right before we both went away to school, like a little goodbye thing. NOw all through HS she never went to parties or drank or anything, me on the other hand had dabbled in several diffent form of "entertainment". So i decieded that it was about time she got high. I happened to have my trust dugout in the car with me and noone was at her house so i had her smoke a few batties in her back yard. I didnt smoke for fear of taking advantage of her which i could live with my self if i did. But she looked like she hit cloud 9. She had a grand ol time. Laughing and singing and dancing all over her house. However she also became touchy feely a little and very flirty. Now she never wanted to cheat on her BF so she put distance between me and her. Then she said something i never wish i heard. And i quote " you kno Rob if i didn't have a boyfriend you would have gotten at least a blowjob tonight." Man thats what i needed to hear. So i kindly picked myself up said good night and went home. Never could get that out of my head, i still think about it. So finally in school my chance came. Her and her boyfriend were having some tough times and they took a break to get things out of their systems. Since i was the one in her system she came to visit me at school and we hooked up, no sex though. But i can live with that. So about 2 weeks later i get a call from her and shes in tears. Her boyfriend broke up with her. I felt bad i honestly did, i saw how much he ment to her and even though i wanted her i knew he made her happy. That was about 2 months ago. Since then school got out and were back at home. Since being home i have seen her almost everyday. She says how im her only friend and she sends out some mixed signals. She showed up at my door one sat afternoon, round 1, and woke me up just because she wanted to say hi. If it was anyone else i would have took it like any normal single person would have, she wants me. But since it was her i don't kno what to think. She went out with this kid for 2 and half years and they have only been broken up for 2 months. I want her more then ever now and i don't kno what to do, if anyone has advice it would be much appreciated.