in like or being used?!??

**ORION**

Maybe the MEN out there can help. I've gone out with a guy my age (27) 3 times, camped with him once (w/his friends) and we seem seem to have a blast when were together. But that's just it... he dosen't seem very intrested in getting together with me too often (maybe once a week or less!). He goes away for the weekends and a lot during the week. He does invite me, but I really can't afford that lifestyle right now. But when I call he doesn't call back sometimes until dayS later. And he's only called me twice.

I can't tell if he's slow on intimacy or just (hate to use the word) using me! I haven't dated in over 3 years so I can't determine his intentions. Don't want to seem the tweeker, so I don't want to ask him straight out, this young in the relationship, what they are. Any truthful feedback from a male to a female in this situation?!?!?

billy the kid

Orion first I want to ask did ya'll share a tent, second did any thing happen?? now I can't speak for everyone but if all you two was share a tent then your friends, if it went beyond that even making out, he is using you..heck I would have called you very soon after and set up another camping trip, with just you and I... but then again I don't know all the story..as far as affording the lifestyle.. If I can afford me I can afford you,, just means I have to give up some things next week...and then again maybe he is too busy to spend the time...be a honest person and sit down with him and talk.. that is not being a TWEEKER, iT'S looking out for #1...

Maybe the MEN out there can help. I've gone out with a guy my age (27) 3 times, camped with him once (w/his friends) and we seem seem to have a blast when were together. But that's just it... he dosen't seem very intrested in getting together with me too often (maybe once a week or less!). He goes away for the weekends and a lot during the week. He does invite me, but I really can't afford that lifestyle right now. But when I call he doesn't call back sometimes until dayS later. And he's only called me twice. I can't tell if he's slow on intimacy or just (hate to use the word) using me! I haven't dated in over 3 years so I can't determine his intentions. Don't want to seem the tweeker, so I don't want to ask him straight out, this young in the relationship, what they are. Any truthful feedback from a male to a female in this situation?!?!?

Well, his puzzling behavior and lack of predictability has certainly peaked your interest so he's doing something right.

It sounds like he's pretty independent, does his own thing and since he does eventually return you calls I wouldn't put him in the rude category.

He could be a guy who takes things very slow. He could be shy. He could be dating lots of others in addition to you.

In any case, he hasn't done anything wrong, hurt you in any way, violated any laws, or overstepped any social bounds. I think you should go with the flow and make absolutely no demands of him or bring anything up to him on the subject.

Meanwhile, you ought to make yourself completely available to date other people, do things with friends, and plan a long and wonderful life without this dude. If he starts wanting to get together with you more often, then you'll have the opportunity to see if he's Mr. Right or not.

I really don't know what you meant by the fact that you can't afford his type of lifestyle right now. If you are saying he would expect you to pay your way on camping trips he invites you on, to hell with him. If his lifestyle in general is over your head, you certainly need to forget him. So look at this closely and if he isn't in a place socially and financially where you feel comfortable and compatible, write him OFF!!!