He's 13 Years older than me

Hello,

I've been involved with a guy I met online for about 8 months. We've grown really close and we are very much in love. The only problem is our age gap. I'm almost 18 and he's 30 but I love with all my heart. I'm very mature and I'm not like most 18 year olds. I'm ready for this to become something more. We've even talked about a future together. But I wanna go to college and do all that but I wanna be with him too. I'm just confused on what desicion I should make. Please give me all the advice available. Please!

musiclover38

Hi,

I can relate to what you are talking about. I have never gotten involved online before but I have had experiences with age differences. Leagally the relationship you could get into is fine so thats not a problem. With me, if I wanted to start a relationship with a certain person I couldn't because I am only 17. I think that if you are really in love with this guy and he feels the same way then you should try it out. The worst that can happen is the relationship fails but that can happen anytime.

I hope I helped.

Hello, I've been involved with a guy I met online for about 8 months. We've grown really close and we are very much in love. The only problem is our age gap. I'm almost 18 and he's 30 but I love with all my heart. I'm very mature and I'm not like most 18 year olds. I'm ready for this to become something more. We've even talked about a future together. But I wanna go to college and do all that but I wanna be with him too. I'm just confused on what desicion I should make. Please give me all the advice available. Please!

Stick with him...love him...enjoy him. Go to college and work it around him. That won't take all that much planning. If you have to go away to college, you can always see him on weekends or fly home once a month.

The age difference will be more insignificant with time. You are probably lots better off with a guy much older than you because guys tend to grow up emotionally much more slowly than ladies.

You will be in big trouble when this guy hits 100. At that time you will be 87 and he'll probably be looking for 30 year old chicks then. Just something you ought to be thinking about!!!!

All kidding aside, you should have no problems...unless, of course, at some point in time you learn things about his behavior that you won't put up with...but that could happen with a guy of any age.

I see no problem whatsoever with the age difference.

I am, however, concerned that you met him online, have known him for 8 months, and you have made no mention of ever having met him in person.

People online are more often than not very different in person AND in person you get to know far, far more about the individual. You get to see his personality first hand (which, of course, is on his best behavior). You get to see first hand just how compatible you are regarding lifestyles, goals, family planning, common interests and so much more. In person, you have the opportunity to see the small personalitly traits to which you are not privy online.

So, after you meet this guy in person and date him for a while, that would be the time to determine any future of the relationship.

Absolutely, go to college, meet other people, get your education, have fun and lead your life regardless of how things work out with your online boyfriend.

magicklady

Go to COLLEGE.. have a good time... everyone thinks at 18 that they are more mature than most 18 year olds.. you are still 18 and need to ENJOY life. I cannot think of anything you would have in common with a 30 year old when you get down to it. I am not trying to hurt your feelings but I know how older men can be and you are a trophy for him somone who is young to hang on his arm. Think about it 5 years if you don't go to school and do what you want to do.. how are you going to feel about yourself then? Men can talk a good line and I have met more than one man on the internet expecially that will tell you everything you want to hear. One question does this man live close to you??? Do you spend time with him other than online or on the phone and do your parents know what you are doing??? You need to really be careful...

Please respond and tell me more about the situation

I was in a similar situation. Im 25 and i was dating a girl that is 17. We was together for a year and a half and in love. We was planning a future together. She thought she was ready for a future with me. She realized that she was too young for that yet so she broke up with me. She would say something one second and the next she would change her mind. She at one point thought she new what she wanted but the next she said she was confused and didn't know what to do. Alot of people say that age doesn't matter but I'll argue with every one of them on that one. Maybe for people older up in age but for people in the younger age group, it just causes too many problems. You are 18, you will change your mind a dozen time on who you want to be with before you are ready to settle down. You may not think that now but if you continue, you will see what im talking about. My heart is torn into millions of peices because of this girl. When people get in the age group such as your BF's they are tired of playing games and such and are trying to settle down with someone. You are WAY to young to even think you are ready. DO ME A FAVOR AND DITCH THIS DUDE BEFORE YOU END UP LATER ON BRAKING HIS HEART INTO MILLIONS OF PEICES.

~Mark~

Go to COLLEGE.. have a good time... everyone thinks at 18 that they are more mature than most 18 year olds.. you are still 18 and need to ENJOY life. I cannot think of anything you would have in common with a 30 year old when you get down to it. I am not trying to hurt your feelings but I know how older men can be and you are a trophy for him somone who is young to hang on his arm. Think about it 5 years if you don't go to school and do what you want to do.. how are you going to feel about yourself then? Men can talk a good line and I have met more than one man on the internet expecially that will tell you everything you want to hear. One question does this man live close to you??? Do you spend time with him other than online or on the phone and do your parents know what you are doing??? You need to really be careful...

Please respond and tell me more about the situation