too quiet

I really like this guy, we've gone out once and I run into him all the time and we talk and have a good time (hooked up a couple times, no sex) and he says he'll call but then he doesn't. I thought he liked me, I know he's attracted to me. My friend asked him what the deal is with me and he said "I'm too quiet." This is from someone who is A LOT more quiet than I am. Is there anything I can do? Be more aggressive and call him up and ask him out or talk more when I run into him. Was that just an excuse or can I overcome that? I'm sure I'll see him this weekend. I also know he's been going through a hard tome lately.

Dear aw,

He's probably making excuses because he's quiet himself. If he's quiet and he's saying that you're too quiet, he's probably looking for someone that speaks more and talks more and is more assertive than him to bring him out of his own shyness. But I may be wrong, that's just what it sounds like. Sometimes if someone says something like that, its probably because they don't know why they don't call back or anything, it just happens. Listen, if you like him as much as you say you do, go ahead and call him and show him that you're really not that quiet. Speak more, assert more, talk more and if he's acting like the silent one, ask him why he's being so quiet. If you call him and he seems disinterested, then forget about him. He'll get out of his tough time another way if he doesn't want to hang with you. Just don't waste your time if you're putting more into this relationship than he is. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Good Luck,

Princess