Just a simple question...

Do you think that if you are going out with someone, or are married to someone that they should be your bestfriend?

My boyfriend thinks that his buddy should be his best friend, I'm fine with that, one of my friends (female) is my best friend, but I consider my boyfriend my best MALE friend and my boyfriend, but he considers a friend of mine and his his best FEMALE friend, but I think I should be his best FEMALe friend even if I am his girlfriend. He says girlfriends come before bestfriends, but I don't understand why I can't be his bestfriend and his girlfriend. =)

Its just a stupid thought, but what do you think?

Do you think that if you are going out with someone, or are married to someone that they should be your bestfriend? My boyfriend thinks that his buddy should be his best friend, I'm fine with that, one of my friends (female) is my best friend, but I consider my boyfriend my best MALE friend and my boyfriend, but he considers a friend of mine and his his best FEMALE friend, but I think I should be his best FEMALe friend even if I am his girlfriend. He says girlfriends come before bestfriends, but I don't understand why I can't be his bestfriend and his girlfriend. =) Its just a stupid thought, but what do you think?

Hi!

One of the most important aspects of a commited relationship is friendship. But that comes naturally when you fall in love. You laugh together and you cry together. You can talk about anything with each other. You care about one another's feelings. Male and female differences have nothing to do with friendship. It has to do with the closeness you feel toward someone.

I think that you're right. The only relationship I've ever had that worked well was the one where we were best friends. And now that relationship will be a marriage soon. Friendship goes hand in hand with love, but it doesn't happen immediately. My fiance and I had been dating for about 5 months before we really felt like we were friends.

I think you better be careful because i too beleive that you are right. It's true that one day your boyfriend may come to see you as his best friend (male or female), that's what makes a strong relationship. But the flip side to this is that it is also possible that he may one day develop feelings for your friend.

Please don't let this make you paranoid. It's just a thought.

If your boyfriend considers your girlfriend his best friend, you need to start working on being a better friend. People like friends who are understanding, nonjudgemental, not demanding, fun to be around, etc. Ask your boyfriend what he looks for in a friend and be that PLUS a girlfriend. You may as well learn this now. Passion has a tendency to lessen with time and, when its level lowers to a certain place, there better be some real serious friendship there or the relationship is OVER. If you don't want to ask him about friendship, observe what he gets from this girl that he's not getting from you. Keep your eyes open. This is a far more critical matter than you realize.