Why haven't we kissed yet?

Tiffani

I have known this guy,Jim,for five years.I have had the biggest crush on him since the first day we met.When we are together we flirt shamelessly,no matter who is around. In every picture that we are in together,we have our arms wrapped around each other or something similar.We are always holding hands,hugging,putting our arms around each other,& our hands wander over the others body.Everyone thinks that he likes me and that in just a few days we will evenetually hook up,(we haven't before because the timing hasn't been right;one of us was always in a relatuinship when the other one wasn't),but I was wondering...if all of this is going on,then why haven't we kissed yet?Will we ever?Will we ever hook up at all?HELP!

I was wondering...if all of this is going on,then why haven't we kissed yet?Will we ever?Will we ever hook up at all?HELP!

Tiffani,

Often times people are scared of transforming friendships into romantic relationships. This may very well be the case between yourself and Jim. Perhaps he's afraid that "hooking up" might lead to the end of the relationship that it sounds like you both value. In any case, if you do feel a closeness to him and are able to open up to him, perhaps it would be wise of you to get a feel for what he's thinking. If it seems apparent that he does wish to pursue something further, but just isn't taking the initiative, then perhaps that's a hurdle you need to overcome. He doesn't have to be the one that kisses first, contrary to popular gender stigmas. If he's wary of making the first move, I'm sure you'll be able to lift a huge burden off of his shoulders by being forward. No one here can answer whether or not he'll kiss you or when. That's entirely dependent on you and Jim. You go first.

Best wishes,

LoveAngel