Overwhelming Confusion, need Advice..

Twisted

Hello People,

First I would like to thank you in advance for reading this and extra thanks in advance for any insight that could be given.

I guess I should probably start with a little background huh? I met this woman about 2 months ago, she approached me with the idea of car pooling sense we live close to each other. After about a week of riding together I felt really attracted to her and decided to ask her out and she agreed. She's a little older then myself and she has the most adorable 2 year old daughter. I love children and I guess she was suprised when she found out that I was still interested in her after she told me that she had a child. I'm also pretty sure that her intentions at first were just to have sex. I wanted the same but I was attracted to her on a higher level then just physical and relayed the message that I would be interested in something deeper than just sex. We talked about that and concluded that I could "hang-out" for as long as I liked as long as I was true to myself. I guess she didn't believe that there was someone who was truly interested in her.

At first she was really hot for me and vice versa, however the fact that we both still live at home made the oportunity for intimacy a little hard. So after about a month we decided that we would get away for a weekend and see what happens. We had a great time together but we didn't, I think some bad memmories from the past prevented her from being able to. I was very understanding to this and told her that it was ok. I also kept reassuring her of this as well and I was being truthful, it was ok and I still had a great time. Something about the fact that we had to plan this instead of it just happening seemed a little strange, but if the only opportunities we get were the ones we had to create what else to do?

Another month has gone by and my feelings for her have grown deeper and stronger and I now have feelings for her daughter as well. I think I may have made a mistake in telling her that I was falling for her because things haven't been the same sence. Actually I asked her if it was ok that I was falling for her and she said "I don't know". She went on to say that if it were just her it would probably be cool, however there's more to think about which is very true.

She has valid concerns about my abilities as a father, as any good single mother would. The hard thing about that is I know I'm capable of being what she needs and being what her daughter needs, but there are no words that one can say to convince another of this. These are things that one must prove to the other, which I would very much like to do. I know down inside that she is falling for me as well but I think she is supressing those feelings at the present time.

This brings me to the present confusion. I have real feelings for this woman and her daughter and the thought of us being a family one day joys me beyond explination. However I'm not quite sure how I should feel and how I should proceed. I can't deny the way I feel about her but I feel like I can't move forward because she doesn't know. I'm afraid that if I wait for her I may be setting myself up for disappointment. I feel like I don't know the right things to say anymore. Should I just give it some time and see what happens or should I cut my losses before I get in to deep?

Sometimes she makes me feel like I could wait forever and other times I feel like she lets me hang around until she can work up enough courage to dismiss me. They mean alot to me and I realy don't want to loose them, I just need some piece of mind before I go insane.