being affectionate

Samantha

My boyfriend of nearly two years is starting to not be very close to me anymore. He used to be very affectionate and loving. Here lately he seems to ignore that I am even around him. It is becoming a real issue with us. You see I am the type that like to be affectionate, to hold hand, and kiss. He however says that since we have been together so long those kind of things are not nessesary all of the time. I ask him if he has changed his actions towards me because he does not love me anymore but he swares he still does. I don't understand why he is being like this. I wish there were a way I could convince him that occasionaly it is good and helpful to be affectionate with one another. It is becoming a real problem and when I try to talk to him about it he acts as if he does nothing wrong. Please help I really want to stay with him but I feel like something is missing from our relationship with out being affectionate at times.

• 4 weeks later...

I understand what you are saying. I am currently having the same problem in my relationship. We have been dating for over 7 months now and she goes through phases of emotional closeness. I am like you. I need that closeness. I like to be greeted when I get home. I don't want to be mauled, but A kiss hello and a hug would make my day. It seems these things to her are such a hassle for her that it makes me feel like a heel if I complain to her. She can be so distant and cold sometimes it hurts. I am not talking about sex her either, I just mean closeness. Talk to your partner about your feelings. They are your and you own them. I feel as loving partners, you should be willing to go the extra to make the other feel loved and appreciated, even if it isn't your normal response. Besides, what would it hurt???

good luck!!!!

My boyfriend of nearly two years is starting to not be very close to me anymore. He used to be very affectionate and loving. Here lately he seems to ignore that I am even around him. It is becoming a real issue with us. You see I am the type that like to be affectionate, to hold hand, and kiss. He however says that since we have been together so long those kind of things are not nessesary all of the time. I ask him if he has changed his actions towards me because he does not love me anymore but he swares he still does. I don't understand why he is being like this. I wish there were a way I could convince him that occasionaly it is good and helpful to be affectionate with one another. It is becoming a real problem and when I try to talk to him about it he acts as if he does nothing wrong. Please help I really want to stay with him but I feel like something is missing from our relationship with out being affectionate at times.