Why can't I stop liking him?

Confused beyond belief

Confused beyond belief

I've tried everything possible to figure out what to do about this, and nothing has worked yet so here you go. About 4 months ago this guy saw my webpage and started talking to me on icq. After a day or two I realized that I knew who he was, he lived in the same area and was friends with a guy in one of my classes. We started talking and I met him for the first time one day when I was hanging around downtown. He didn't know who I was but I had seem him around. Here's the problem I guess. Even before I knew him, there was just something about him that I liked. I can't explain it. Now that I know him better and see him regularly, I can't seem to get over it. He's a really hard person to figure out, he has been sweet to me but hasn't really shown any signs that he is interested. It doesn't even seem like we'd work out together. Everything logical proves that I should stop liking him. I can't though. Every time I see him and he smiles I just want to tell him. I'm usually a shy person but I'm close to cracking about this and just letting him know. Would that be stupid? One of his friends told me when I first met him that he liked me, but since then I'm never sure. I was confused a little while ago and asked him if he hated me, and he said he felt really bad that I thought that. I'm really lost. An added problem is that we are in a band together, and I wouldn't want to mess that up, it's one of the best things I've done. I'm really excited about it. Should I let it go? If so, how? Please help me, I don't know what to do...

Ok, well, I think that if you just somehow asked him, while 'somehow' getting on the subject. =0) ASk him who he likes, and if he seems shy then you know that it's most likely you! =0)

But if he has another girl in mind when you ask then just stay friends, what's better? Being good friends ( and maybe something will happen one day) or loosing a perfectly good/great friend for no reason, your friend ship doesn't have to end just because you tell him that you like him, trust me,

I'm here.

well i think you should take it easy do plenty of group things and the vibes will soon take over if in doubt just keep quiet if that doesnt work and you cant get him out of your head get rolling drunk and give him a good going over! ..hope this helps you ..good luck lurky99 I've tried everything possible to figure out what to do about this, and nothing has worked yet so here you go. About 4 months ago this guy saw my webpage and started talking to me on icq. After a day or two I realized that I knew who he was, he lived in the same area and was friends with a guy in one of my classes. We started talking and I met him for the first time one day when I was hanging around downtown. He didn't know who I was but I had seem him around. Here's the problem I guess. Even before I knew him, there was just something about him that I liked. I can't explain it. Now that I know him better and see him regularly, I can't seem to get over it. He's a really hard person to figure out, he has been sweet to me but hasn't really shown any signs that he is interested. It doesn't even seem like we'd work out together. Everything logical proves that I should stop liking him. I can't though. Every time I see him and he smiles I just want to tell him. I'm usually a shy person but I'm close to cracking about this and just letting him know. Would that be stupid? One of his friends told me when I first met him that he liked me, but since then I'm never sure. I was confused a little while ago and asked him if he hated me, and he said he felt really bad that I thought that. I'm really lost. An added problem is that we are in a band together, and I wouldn't want to mess that up, it's one of the best things I've done. I'm really excited about it. Should I let it go? If so, how? Please help me, I don't know what to do...

Well, the fact that the guy responded after he saw your web page sort of seems like he knew who you were and was interested in you. don't you think? He could be shy himself and he probably likes you too, but how much? it's hard to tell. well, I think that you should just wait and see how things work out. why not send some signals yourself? instead of asking him whether he "hates" you or not--by the way, nobody would say that they do when asked a question like that--why not naturally ask him out to a movie or something. that's what friends do anyway and it's a subtle way of showing that you like spending time with him.

good luck!

Confused Beyond Belief

Thanks for all the advice. After reading it, I realized I probably sounded pretty stupid in my first post. When I asked him if he hated me, I was serious. And I think that he would have told me if he did. He is sometimes brutally honest with things like that, and he really would have told me. For now, nothing is going to happen. I'm content to just be friends and chill until something happens, even if it's just me finding out that he doesn't like me. I can deal. Thanks again.

Well, the fact that the guy responded after he saw your web page sort of seems like he knew who you were and was interested in you. don't you think? He could be shy himself and he probably likes you too, but how much? it's hard to tell. well, I think that you should just wait and see how things work out. why not send some signals yourself? instead of asking him whether he "hates" you or not--by the way, nobody would say that they do when asked a question like that--why not naturally ask him out to a movie or something. that's what friends do anyway and it's a subtle way of showing that you like spending time with him. good luck!