Is her love for me fading away?

fadinglove

Let me try and give you some general background information here. I met my fiancee about 1 year ago, but the thing that stands out from other relationships is the fact that we met over the internet. Now, this isnt like some regular internet relationship. We have met each other in person and real life. Now granted we cannot see each other very often. Ive only been with her twice within the past year. But anyway, back to the story. For the first few months, our relationship was totally awsome. We got online on irc every night just to talk to each other, until one HORRIBLE night back in may of 1997. This was the night that she was approached by another guy, and was told by him that he was in love with her. Well, the day AFTER he told her this, she left me for him. Well, they lasted for about 1 week. I had totally isolated myself from her, and she was totally upset about the whole thing. She told me that she was sorry and asked me if I could ever forgive her. Well, we were back together within the next week. Well, she did it again, only this time, she neglected that she was going to go meet the guy in a different part of the country and they were going to committ suicide together. Today, she still tells me that the reason that she DIDNT go through with it was that she was still so in love with me, and couldnt hurt me in that way ever. Well, after a year of some pretty nasty fights, arguing, and bitching at each other, the same person that did this to us before, has resurfaced again, and she has been spending a lot of time with him online. She says that she still loves me and wants to be with me. But every single day that passes, she spends more time online talking around him. When I am online, it just seems that she cant reply to me but every 5 or 6 min. When I ask her to try to spend more time with me, she tells me that she doesnt have enough time for herself. We talk on the phone every day, but its always when she wants to talk to me. Every time I try to call her, she isnt at home, doesnt answer the phone, or is buisy doing something. The only time that we even can talk on the phone now is around 1:00 at night, because she stays online talking for 3 hours, totally ignoring me the whole time when all I want is to spend time with her. Then when we talk on the phone, its for about 10 or 15 min, and its basically her bitching about all the problems her channel is having and not about whats going on in her life. She recently told me that she was discussing channel problems with the guy she left me for, and that she could not discuss it with me because it had to stay between her and him. Am I doing something wrong here??? I really dont know what I am doing if I am. Is there something that I can do different to help fix the problem. But I guess what I really want to know is does she really still love me like she says she does. I know I cannot imagine going through life without her. She is everything that makes my life worth living, and if I loose her, I loose my life. Could somebody please help me here. Ive made this email address just for this situation for I wish to keep my identy a secret for some unforeseen person's may come accross this. So I guess my biggest question is, is her love for me fading and if so how do I go about handling this situation?

Mr Nice Guy
Let me try and give you some general background information here. I met my fiancee about 1 year ago, but the thing that stands out from other relationships is the fact that we met over the internet. Now, this isnt like some regular internet relationship. We have met each other in person and real life. Now granted we cannot see each other very often. Ive only been with her twice within the past year. But anyway, back to the story. For the first few months, our relationship was totally awsome. We got online on irc every night just to talk to each other, until one HORRIBLE night back in may of 1997. This was the night that she was approached by another guy, and was told by him that he was in love with her. Well, the day AFTER he told her this, she left me for him. Well, they lasted for about 1 week. I had totally isolated myself from her, and she was totally upset about the whole thing. She told me that she was sorry and asked me if I could ever forgive her. Well, we were back together within the next week. Well, she did it again, only this time, she neglected that she was going to go meet the guy in a different part of the country and they were going to committ suicide together. Today, she still tells me that the reason that she DIDNT go through with it was that she was still so in love with me, and couldnt hurt me in that way ever. Well, after a year of some pretty nasty fights, arguing, and bitching at each other, the same person that did this to us before, has resurfaced again, and she has been spending a lot of time with him online. She says that she still loves me and wants to be with me. But every single day that passes, she spends more time online talking around him. When I am online, it just seems that she cant reply to me but every 5 or 6 min. When I ask her to try to spend more time with me, she tells me that she doesnt have enough time for herself. We talk on the phone every day, but its always when she wants to talk to me. Every time I try to call her, she isnt at home, doesnt answer the phone, or is buisy doing something. The only time that we even can talk on the phone now is around 1:00 at night, because she stays online talking for 3 hours, totally ignoring me the whole time when all I want is to spend time with her. Then when we talk on the phone, its for about 10 or 15 min, and its basically her bitching about all the problems her channel is having and not about whats going on in her life. She recently told me that she was discussing channel problems with the guy she left me for, and that she could not discuss it with me because it had to stay between her and him. Am I doing something wrong here??? I really dont know what I am doing if I am. Is there something that I can do different to help fix the problem. But I guess what I really want to know is does she really still love me like she says she does. I know I cannot imagine going through life without her. She is everything that makes my life worth living, and if I loose her, I loose my life. Could somebody please help me here. Ive made this email address just for this situation for I wish to keep my identy a secret for some unforeseen person's may come accross this. So I guess my biggest question is, is her love for me fading and if so how do I go about handling this situation?

fadinglove,

Hi. I don't think the "love" between you and your "fiancee" is fading, I think it does not even exist. You said you met her about 1 year ago, and later you said that you have only seen her twice in the last year. To me, it sounds like you have a pen-pal, not a girlfriend , muchless a fiancee. About this girl, from your description, she will jump at any man who says "Hi" to her. This means that she is not committed to you. She knows that you will always be there, so she uses you as something to fall back on. You also said she was going to commit suicide with another man. If this is true, then she is a psycho too. I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but this is the way I see it. My advice to you is to break it off with her, and forget her. If, despite my warning, you still love* this girl, try this. Get on-line with her one night, tell her that you are going out, shut off your computer, go out somewhere, enjoy yourself, and wait for her to make the next move. If she loves you, she will beg you to be with her when she realizes that you aren't waiting for her. Personally, I will bett that she doesn't give a care whether you are there or not. If you really want to find someone to love, make sure it's a person you can talk to face-to-face, everyday, not just a couple of times a year. Just get out of your house and meet some people, you'll find it much more enjoyable than just sitting in front of a computer screen till 1:00 in the morning. Good luck.

Your Friend,

Mr. Nice Guy

• 3 weeks later...
LoveAngel
So I guess my biggest question is, is her love for me fading and if so how do I go about handling this situation?

fadinglove,

Please join us in the channel, #LoveShack, to further discuss this situation, preferably later in the evening, EDT time. The link below will provide some additional information on reaching our channel.

Regards,

LoveAngel

• Information on the #LoveShack