ex and anonymous email

sparkle

Hello everyone,

My ex and I had remained friends over the past few months, and he'd been suggesting that we try again and make the relationship work out. But the other day, after a trip to the mall...we ended up getting into an argument in his car and I ended my friendship also. Now I'm convinced that it will not work out, and I'm ready to move on.

But that's not the problem.

I have many guy friends and most of them know him or are friends with him, and vice versa. Although our circle of acquaintances is pretty large, everyone still ends up knowing the latest gossip about each other...who broke up, who got into a fight, who was spotted with so-and-so out somewhere...etc. People talk...word gets around.

That's not really the problem either.

Anyhow, last night I received a weird and anonymous email from one of those Yahoo accounts that anyone can create with fake info. The person goes on and on about how I'm dating a real loser, that I can do better than this guy.

(I'm not dating him anymore).

He/she brings up random girls from my ex's past that I don't know about, perhaps in hopes of trying to upset me.

(It doesn't).

He says things like "we care about you and don't want to see this a**h*** hurting you". That they will be letting him know most of the stuff mentioned in this email, and that they'll make it clear they want him to break up with me and they don't want to see him bothering ever again.

(But we've already stopped talking).

It was signed..."someone who cares".

This email is the problem. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised. I have NO clue who it was written by. It could be a handful of guys I know...or it could've been a prank or a joke. I asked around, but no one knew about the email. Even if they did, I doubt they'd tell me. The only thing I'm worried about is my ex receiving a threatening call or email, or him thinking I was behind it somehow.

Why would someone want to goto the trouble of doing this??

I'm guessing this person doesn't know that we've already broken up. And maybe my ex will realize it's a prank also. But I just don't know how to handle it. I really don't want to talk to m ex. But I don't know whether it would be best if I let him know about this email. Or perhaps I should ignore it and let my ex deal with it on his own?

YOU ASK: "Why would someone want to goto the trouble of doing this??"

Just something to do. If the writer was close to you, he/she would know you were broken up with your ex.

First, never ever never give any consideration or credence to any form of communication you receive like this which is anonymous. People who don't have the guts to put their names at the end of a message should not be given the dignity of having any credibility at all.

Until the day you die, there will be people around you...some may be your "friends" and some may not be...who will try to stir crap in your life and do things to harm your relationships, your finances, and other aspects of your life. Just plain ignore it.

Now, if your ex got a copy of this material, he can deal with it in whatever way he chooses. Basically, it's quite immaterial. As a matter of fact, if your ex got arrested by the FBI tomorrow for being a terrorist it would still be pretty immaterial in your life since you have no link to him other than common friends.

Your basic problem here is you curiosity and your being puzzled over the source of this email. It really doesn't matter. Any coward to has to put crap out to people while hiding behind some anonymous email account is a YAHOO...just like the mail says. Maybe that's why they call it YAHOO.

Resolve that you will never know who sent this and it is OK. Your life will change in no way because of it. Don't spend one second of energy entertaining any thoughts that were advanced in this mail.

If you are currently seeing someone and you get a piece of mail like this, print it out and show it to him and get his comments. But don't let other parties EVER try to interfere in your relationships. They are hard enough without allowing anonymous scumbags to send stuff like that through email to stir things up.

Don't even reply to this stupid stuff. Life is way too short.

-----------

I promise I won't do it again.

YOU ASK: "Why would someone want to goto the trouble of doing this??" Just something to do. If the writer was close to you, he/she would know you were broken up with your ex. First, never ever never give any consideration or credence to any form of communication you receive like this which is anonymous. People who don't have the guts to put their names at the end of a message should not be given the dignity of having any credibility at all. Until the day you die, there will be people around you...some may be your "friends" and some may not be...who will try to stir crap in your life and do things to harm your relationships, your finances, and other aspects of your life. Just plain ignore it. Now, if your ex got a copy of this material, he can deal with it in whatever way he chooses. Basically, it's quite immaterial. As a matter of fact, if your ex got arrested by the FBI tomorrow for being a terrorist it would still be pretty immaterial in your life since you have no link to him other than common friends. Your basic problem here is you curiosity and your being puzzled over the source of this email. It really doesn't matter. Any coward to has to put crap out to people while hiding behind some anonymous email account is a YAHOO...just like the mail says. Maybe that's why they call it YAHOO. Resolve that you will never know who sent this and it is OK. Your life will change in no way because of it. Don't spend one second of energy entertaining any thoughts that were advanced in this mail. If you are currently seeing someone and you get a piece of mail like this, print it out and show it to him and get his comments. But don't let other parties EVER try to interfere in your relationships. They are hard enough without allowing anonymous scumbags to send stuff like that through email to stir things up. Don't even reply to this stupid stuff. Life is way too short. ----------- I promise I won't do it again.

there are ways to block these "yawho's" as well. most email's have that option, maybe that would bring you some piece of mind?