Trying to Get over my ex...

Lola

I am looking for some suggestions, so I can more easily get over my ex of 3 years. I try to remember the bad times, but there were a few good that slip in every once in a while. It's been over a month since I called it quits and asked him to move out (we had been together for 3 years). Then I thought we could try dating and not living together. Needless to say, that did not work.

I guess my main problem is that we both live in a town of only about 8,000 people. Relatively small. There are only so many places I can go out (without driving more than an hour) that I know I won't see him. Unfortunately, all my old hang-outs, are his too. He goes to them, so I know that I can't. I don't have too many friends anymore. I kind of isolated myself when I was in the relationship. (One of my faults I need to work on, when I start dating again - not for at least 6 months).

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

I know this is a rough time for you and I can imagine how you feel. You didn't mention exactly what caused the relationship to end. But I'm sure you know the reason that the two of you broke up. Think hard about these reasons. There were probably differences the two of you couldn't work out. This will help you to more easily get over wanting to be with him. And one day you'll realize that you two are better off apart from each other, that this wouldn't have worked out, that these problems would re-surface again.

Now is the time to focus on yourself. Try to find a new hobby, sign up for a class or two for the hobby or anything you're interested in. You will meet people there and hopefully start new friendships. Attend a relative's, your job's or a friend's holiday party and make new acquaintances or catch up with old ones.

Focus on staying busy. Goto the library and find some books that will make you laugh...those seem to help me when I'm feeling down.

And when you do run into him (if you two still talk to each other), make it a point not to chat with him longer than 1 minute. That will keep you from saying something you'll regret or getting upset all over again.

Be patient with yourself. I don't know of a quick way to get over or forget about someone, or a way to suddenly stop caring about them. This may definitely take some time, but it won't take forever.

Good luck!

move away and meet new people, depends on how bad you want to get over him...

I am looking for some suggestions, so I can more easily get over my ex of 3 years. I try to remember the bad times, but there were a few good that slip in every once in a while. It's been over a month since I called it quits and asked him to move out (we had been together for 3 years). Then I thought we could try dating and not living together. Needless to say, that did not work.

I guess my main problem is that we both live in a town of only about 8,000 people. Relatively small. There are only so many places I can go out (without driving more than an hour) that I know I won't see him. Unfortunately, all my old hang-outs, are his too. He goes to them, so I know that I can't. I don't have too many friends anymore. I kind of isolated myself when I was in the relationship. (One of my faults I need to work on, when I start dating again - not for at least 6 months). Any suggestions would help. Thanks