he called AFTER Christmas

dreamgirl

Hi.

What gives of a guy whose been out with a girl on four dates, and doesn't call her to wish her a Happy Christmas?

Instead, he calls the day AFTER. The way I see it, you call someone before Christmas, or the day of.

I posted here some weeks ago about this very same guy (with another issue)

Anyway, this behaviour baffles me. When he called, I was very pleasant on the phone. I don't want to make a big deal of it, it's just that I find it kind of strange. I do realize that the holidays can be awkward, especially in the initial stages of dating, or at least, when you're getting to know someone.

Sure, I could have picked up the phone and dialed his digits, but I felt that I didn't want to. I suppose he could have felt this way too. On the other hand, I don't know any girl who wouldn't love to get a phone call in this instance. What better opportunity to call, and express some sentiments?

He did ring me, but I'm sorta put off by the lateness. Am I juding here? I realize that I cannot have high expectations, but a phone call would have been great. Or is expecting a phone call having high expectations? I don't know.

I'd like to get a guys take on this.

it's only 4 dates ... don't worry about it!!

Hi. What gives of a guy whose been out with a girl on four dates, and doesn't call her to wish her a Happy Christmas? Instead, he calls the day AFTER. The way I see it, you call someone before Christmas, or the day of. I posted here some weeks ago about this very same guy (with another issue) Anyway, this behaviour baffles me. When he called, I was very pleasant on the phone. I don't want to make a big deal of it, it's just that I find it kind of strange. I do realize that the holidays can be awkward, especially in the initial stages of dating, or at least, when you're getting to know someone. Sure, I could have picked up the phone and dialed his digits, but I felt that I didn't want to. I suppose he could have felt this way too. On the other hand, I don't know any girl who wouldn't love to get a phone call in this instance. What better opportunity to call, and express some sentiments?

He did ring me, but I'm sorta put off by the lateness. Am I juding here? I realize that I cannot have high expectations, but a phone call would have been great. Or is expecting a phone call having high expectations? I don't know. I'd like to get a guys take on this.

well, are you dating exclusively? When did you last see him? And what was he doing for Xmas?

No. There was no talk of exclusivety. I saw him last around Dec 15th. Our encounters have always been pleasant and relaxing.

He told me he spent Christmas with his family. Nothing unusual or out of the ordinary. He said he was busy working late and shopping for presents. I remember he asked me if I'd be interested in hitting the malls with him sometime, to do some last minute shopping. This would have been about 2 weeks before Christmas. This never happened.

I read Yes's response, and you know what, I'm not going to worry about it really.

I just wanted to get a gist of why a guy wouldn't call to wish a Merry Christmas. But, you know what, it's nothing bad and it's nothing good - it's just an in between kind of thing.

I kind of understand why he didn't dial. In fact, I'm almost certain I figured it out. Like I said, it's nothing bad, and it's nothing good either. I just wanted to get a more clear perspective, just to see if my reasoning is right.

The thing is, half the world was in a whirlwind preparing for the holidays, myself included. So, I understand it was a busy time, and it continues to be so. But, I'm just thinking, would it have been too much to pick up the phone and call? This is my point, to gain perspective on some of the reasons a guy wouldn't call. I can come up with a few, and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out, if you think it through.

Sorry the guy didn't have more consideration for you. I guess he wasn't that serious about you.

Better to move on and find someone who appreciates your thoughtfulness.

BTW, it never hurts to cal a guy yourself, but I can understand wanting to be pursued with interest!

I still don't think this is anything to worry about. If he treats you well, who cares that he didnt call on xmas ... u just started dating... cmon!... i think also that for guys those lil signs of attention like phone calls on the right day are WAY less important than they are for girls ... we're just more sentimental & stuff ... Just go with it - keep dating him, have fun... Too early to judge him!

PS i'm 99% sure that he was too busy shopping & doing family stuff n simply didnt get a chance to call. ##### happens =) ... if he didnt call at all for the holidays - ya, kinda sux ... but just a day or two late is nothing, i think..

best of luck

No. There was no talk of exclusivety. I saw him last around Dec 15th. Our encounters have always been pleasant and relaxing. He told me he spent Christmas with his family. Nothing unusual or out of the ordinary. He said he was busy working late and shopping for presents. I remember he asked me if I'd be interested in hitting the malls with him sometime, to do some last minute shopping. This would have been about 2 weeks before Christmas. This never happened.

I read Yes's response, and you know what, I'm not going to worry about it really. I just wanted to get a gist of why a guy wouldn't call to wish a Merry Christmas. But, you know what, it's nothing bad and it's nothing good - it's just an in between kind of thing.

I kind of understand why he didn't dial. In fact, I'm almost certain I figured it out. Like I said, it's nothing bad, and it's nothing good either. I just wanted to get a more clear perspective, just to see if my reasoning is right.

The thing is, half the world was in a whirlwind preparing for the holidays, myself included. So, I understand it was a busy time, and it continues to be so. But, I'm just thinking, would it have been too much to pick up the phone and call? This is my point, to gain perspective on some of the reasons a guy wouldn't call. I can come up with a few, and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out, if you think it through.

Thanks Yes, for your response.

He's called since I've posted. I have thought about what you wrote, and it makes complete sense. Thanks again. It's time I simmer down, and not be too quick too judge.

Best wishes to you, and have a Happy New Year.