what does this mean ...

hi, it's me again ... sorry, but another Qn...

well, this guy i've been dating ... here's a simple issue: i'd like to spend new year's eve with him - not alone - but together ... he hasn't said anything about it... he is off to college (just an hr away) right after new year's ... it looks like im gonna see him after dec 21st or 22nd ...

what does this say about "us"? he doesn't like me too much? b/c that's how i feel ... i thought if a guy rlly like u he'd wanna be with u for those holiday moments ...

or i'm simply over-expecting?

i think he'll be partying with people from his college or even highschool.

i know he might still say something b4 new year, but i dont wanna count on it...

any comments?

• Author

oops!

i meant "not alone - but together" as in with a bunch of people

i'm gonna see him after -> im NOT gonna see him after ...

hi, it's me again ... sorry, but another Qn... well, this guy i've been dating ... here's a simple issue: i'd like to spend new year's eve with him - not alone - but together ... he hasn't said anything about it... he is off to college (just an hr away) right after new year's ... it looks like im gonna see him after dec 21st or 22nd ... what does this say about "us"? he doesn't like me too much? b/c that's how i feel ... i thought if a guy rlly like u he'd wanna be with u for those holiday moments ... or i'm simply over-expecting? i think he'll be partying with people from his college or even highschool. i know he might still say something b4 new year, but i dont wanna count on it... any comments?

Why don't you just ask him what he's doing for New Years Eve? Why don't you get a group together and do the town and include him?

It serves no purpose whatsoever to sit around and speculate on what he's going to do. Just because he doesn't ask you out for New Year's Eve has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. Yes, it could mean there's somebody else he wants to be with, it could mean he wants to be alone, could mean he wants to go out with guy friends and get drunk...but it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't like you.

It could even be that he likes you so much he would be very nervous about being with you on such a special occasion...or it could mean his parents don't want him out late on that night.

However, if you're dating a guy and he doesn't ask you out for New Year's Eve and makes other plans, you ought to write him off. He's not worth your time worrying about.

Unfortunately, you left out a lot of important details. Are you seeing each other exclusively? How old are the two of you...there's a lot of drinking that goes on New Year's Eve...are you old enough to drink? How long have you been dating? When he goes off to college, does that mean he will then be away from you?

There are a lot of things that could play into this that you haven't mentioned. Leave important data out of a post and it can't be considered in a response.

• Author
Why don't you just ask him what he's doing for New Years Eve?

I guess i'm afraid to get a "going out w/ a buncha friends, and u?"

Why don't you get a group together

and do the town and include him?

I dont know about that - its a possibility.

Unfortunately, you left out a lot of important details. Are you seeing each other exclusively?

Not really. We were friends/dance partners for 2 yrs, then he asked me out, then it took me a couple months to get over an old bf. I only kissed him for the first time 2 weeks ago - so this is all very fresh.

How old are the two of you...

19 and 21 (he's older)

there's a lot of

drinking that goes on New Year's Eve...are you old enough to drink?

he cant drink for medical reasons ... i drink.

How long have you been dating?

already told u above...

When he goes off to college, does that mean he will then be away from you?

Kind of - he'll come back now and then. I'm not sure how often... when were just dance partners, he came back every 2-3 weeks or so.

There are a lot of things that could play into this that you haven't mentioned. Leave important data out of a post and it can't be considered in a response.

Does the data above help?

• Author

Some more data:

We normally go out alone - so there isn't a group we're both part of, though we know each other's friends who are from highschool (thats when we met, 2nd yr college now). I dunna his college boys, however, and he doesn't know my college people.

I know i'm gonna end up asking him about what he's doing that night cuz i'm always the agressive one (except for asking me out - he did that) ... like i kissed him first...

Im not sure if it's just his character, or b/c he's only had one gf before me (he's 21)... i think it's both. he actually said it once "i wish u'd be the agressive one sometimes" - that was when i was trying to show him that im finally over the old bf, and he got all confused.

Anyway - my main question is i guess - since it's such a fresh affair - first kisses n all - i dunna about him, i'm excited about it ... that's why i'm not sure how to take it if the new year's is not together ... should i keep him around for some fun once in a while or totally write him off? what would u do?

Thanks.

I guess i'm afraid to get a "going out w/ a buncha friends, and u?" Why don't you get a group together I dont know about that - its a possibility.

.... Not really. We were friends/dance partners for 2 yrs, then he asked me out, then it took me a couple months to get over an old bf. I only kissed him for the first time 2 weeks ago - so this is all very fresh. 19 and 21 (he's older) there's a lot of he cant drink for medical reasons ... i drink.

How long have you been dating? already told u above... Kind of - he'll come back now and then. I'm not sure how often... when were just dance partners, he came back every 2-3 weeks or so. Does the data above help?

The romance is very new. Ask him out for New Years, no problem there. Even if you just go eat and to a movie, that would be nice. It's not fair to take him drinking when he can't drink.

Your relationship is very new so you shouldn't be expecting too much in any aspect of it. Just let things go slowly over time, just as they have been. It took you a very long time to get to this point, why would you think it would start moving any faster now.

Keep seeing him whether you are with him New Years or not.

• Author

Ok!

I'll mention it to him... and wont make a big deal if we're apart that night ...

Thanks for telling that option is sane :)

The romance is very new. Ask him out for New Years, no problem there. Even if you just go eat and to a movie, that would be nice. It's not fair to take him drinking when he can't drink.

Your relationship is very new so you shouldn't be expecting too much in any aspect of it. Just let things go slowly over time, just as they have been. It took you a very long time to get to this point, why would you think it would start moving any faster now. Keep seeing him whether you are with him New Years or not.

Read your posts and Tony's responses. I, as usual, tend to agree with Tony.

Don't sweat it even if you don't spend the New Year together.

Hang out w/friends or do something you enjoy.

There's always Valentine's Day!

Good Luck,

Kiz