what is going on?

wondering

About six months ago I got out of a very rocky relationship that had lasted about a year and a half, but we are still 'friends'. We talk to each other every day and sometimes hang out to watch tv or a movie. I had been seeing guys here and there, a couple of whom I liked very much, but not really concerned about entering into another relationship, with my ex or anyone else. I figure that I need some time to grow and learn to enjoy myself before finding someone to share life with.

Then about three weeks ago this guy got hired for Christmas help at the place where I work, and it turned out we had to work side by side (he's my assistant). I took to him right away, and invited him out with a bunch of people from work the first weekend he began. We sat and talked all night while everyone around us was dancing and partying. It was strange because he seemed to know things about me without even knowing me, and vice-versa. Later on, I invited him over so that we could continue talking (nothing more was on my mind at the time). Well, we did get pretty drunk which led to a heavy make-out session. I stopped things before they got too far though, because I felt like I was still 'cheating' on my ex. Before he left he gave me a great big kiss and said he'd see me at work a couple of days later. Nothing was said about calling each other, so I didn't try to, and I didn't hear from him.

When I saw him at work later, it was like nothing had happened. Things weren't weird like I thought they would be, but they weren't exactly great. The thing is, I'm 24 and he's only 20, and I know what guys can be like at that age. So I couldn't tell if it was just one of those drunken things that happened or if he really liked me.

My place is on his way to work so he gives me rides to and from work on the days that our schedules match. He gave me a ride home last weekend and on the way I asked him if he wanted to do something with me sometime. He said he would love to and to give him a call when I wanted to do something. Things were good but I was also in a really weird mood that day and before I left the car I leaned over and gave him a little kiss on the cheek and told him that I was beginning to like him...stupid me. I was elated, but the next time I saw him at work things felt weird and I didn't know what to say to him. Eventually I apologized for kissing him and he told me not to worry about it and that I didn't have to say sorry for doing it. That helped a bit, although I still felt weird about it.

He gave me another ride home a couple of days ago, and since we had the same shift the next day he offered to give me a ride there and back again. On the way back I asked what he was doing on Wednesday night. He said he had been planning to go to a hockey game but he didn't know if he had anyone to go with, and that I should give him a call. I told him I'd be happy to go with him if he couldn't find anybody else and he seemed a bit surprised that I wanted to go to a hockey game. When I left he said, "See you on Friday (the next time we work together) or Wednesday."

He'd be stupid not to know how I feel about him. The thing is I can't tell if he actually likes me, if he's just playing me, or if he's simply being nice because he doesn't know what else to do. He seems very nonchalant and acts differently with me than with everyone else at work, but I can't figure out why. I do really like him, and that makes me want to act differently myself, so I don't know if this is the reason for his behaviour too. Or does he just want to be friends? I'm scared to talk to him about this in case I scare him off somehow, but I'm also beginning to feel a bit frantic since he'll only be working with me for another two weeks before transferring to another part of the store, or leaving altogether. Also, I was thinking of calling him on Tuesday rather than Wednesday if he's not working late...would that be a good idea? I don't want to seem too forward or pushy but at the same time I don't really know what to do!

Looking forward to some responses, and I will add stuff here and there if anyone has any questions.

Heyo =)

Here's my view:

first of all - Does he have your number?

I think if he does, and you have expressed interest in doing something with him, it's in his hands to give u a call. When he says "call me", if i were u, i'd say "naw, u call me ...".

Since as far as i get it, he told u to call, why not call at a time when u'r sure he won't be home, leave a short msg, and leave it upto him to call back or not, and to talk about going out together or not when he does call...

That's my 2 cents... Best of luck!

About six months ago I got out of a very rocky relationship that had lasted about a year and a half, but we are still 'friends'. We talk to each other every day and sometimes hang out to watch tv or a movie. I had been seeing guys here and there, a couple of whom I liked very much, but not really concerned about entering into another relationship, with my ex or anyone else. I figure that I need some time to grow and learn to enjoy myself before finding someone to share life with. Then about three weeks ago this guy got hired for Christmas help at the place where I work, and it turned out we had to work side by side (he's my assistant). I took to him right away, and invited him out with a bunch of people from work the first weekend he began. We sat and talked all night while everyone around us was dancing and partying. It was strange because he seemed to know things about me without even knowing me, and vice-versa. Later on, I invited him over so that we could continue talking (nothing more was on my mind at the time). Well, we did get pretty drunk which led to a heavy make-out session. I stopped things before they got too far though, because I felt like I was still 'cheating' on my ex. Before he left he gave me a great big kiss and said he'd see me at work a couple of days later. Nothing was said about calling each other, so I didn't try to, and I didn't hear from him.

When I saw him at work later, it was like nothing had happened. Things weren't weird like I thought they would be, but they weren't exactly great. The thing is, I'm 24 and he's only 20, and I know what guys can be like at that age. So I couldn't tell if it was just one of those drunken things that happened or if he really liked me. My place is on his way to work so he gives me rides to and from work on the days that our schedules match. He gave me a ride home last weekend and on the way I asked him if he wanted to do something with me sometime. He said he would love to and to give him a call when I wanted to do something. Things were good but I was also in a really weird mood that day and before I left the car I leaned over and gave him a little kiss on the cheek and told him that I was beginning to like him...stupid me. I was elated, but the next time I saw him at work things felt weird and I didn't know what to say to him. Eventually I apologized for kissing him and he told me not to worry about it and that I didn't have to say sorry for doing it. That helped a bit, although I still felt weird about it. He gave me another ride home a couple of days ago, and since we had the same shift the next day he offered to give me a ride there and back again. On the way back I asked what he was doing on Wednesday night. He said he had been planning to go to a hockey game but he didn't know if he had anyone to go with, and that I should give him a call. I told him I'd be happy to go with him if he couldn't find anybody else and he seemed a bit surprised that I wanted to go to a hockey game. When I left he said, "See you on Friday (the next time we work together) or Wednesday." He'd be stupid not to know how I feel about him. The thing is I can't tell if he actually likes me, if he's just playing me, or if he's simply being nice because he doesn't know what else to do. He seems very nonchalant and acts differently with me than with everyone else at work, but I can't figure out why. I do really like him, and that makes me want to act differently myself, so I don't know if this is the reason for his behaviour too. Or does he just want to be friends? I'm scared to talk to him about this in case I scare him off somehow, but I'm also beginning to feel a bit frantic since he'll only be working with me for another two weeks before transferring to another part of the store, or leaving altogether. Also, I was thinking of calling him on Tuesday rather than Wednesday if he's not working late...would that be a good idea? I don't want to seem too forward or pushy but at the same time I don't really know what to do! Looking forward to some responses, and I will add stuff here and there if anyone has any questions.

Hello!

I did ask him once to call me...the first weekend we went out. He told me then that he's horrible at calling people when he says he will, and told me it's best to call him since I can get a hold of him pretty much anytime I wanted to (he has a cell and he gave me that number as well). This is a bit confusing...but I am wondering why you think it's in his hands to call when I'm the one who expressed interest in him. If I'm the one who's interested, shouldn't I be the one calling? At any rate, I'll take your advice and try leaving a message on his cell. :)

Heyo =) Here's my view: first of all - Does he have your number?

I think if he does, and you have expressed interest in doing something with him, it's in his hands to give u a call. When he says "call me", if i were u, i'd say "naw, u call me ...". Since as far as i get it, he told u to call, why not call at a time when u'r sure he won't be home, leave a short msg, and leave it upto him to call back or not, and to talk about going out together or not when he does call... That's my 2 cents... Best of luck!

I like to leave it in the guy's hands so that if he's interested, he goes thru with it, and if he's not, i'm not at much of a loss. i dont like getting direct 'no' in my face, so it's best, to my mind, let him know u'r interested, and then let him decide to pursue it or not.

Im just an old-fashioned kinda girl who likes the guy to take initiative, even if it was my idea initially :)

Best of luck.

Hello! I did ask him once to call me...the first weekend we went out. He told me then that he's horrible at calling people when he says he will, and told me it's best to call him since I can get a hold of him pretty much anytime I wanted to (he has a cell and he gave me that number as well). This is a bit confusing...but I am wondering why you think it's in his hands to call when I'm the one who expressed interest in him. If I'm the one who's interested, shouldn't I be the one calling? At any rate, I'll take your advice and try leaving a message on his cell. :)

I hate to say this cause its hard for me to tell how men feel sometimes but..Whats up? You gotta have a wall fall on ya or something? The guy has given you his number and told ya to call! Call the man!! You'll be able to tell from the conversation how things go! Sounds like he's comfortable with you..thus he is cool with things. Don't let him get by!!

About six months ago I got out of a very rocky relationship that had lasted about a year and a half, but we are still 'friends'. We talk to each other every day and sometimes hang out to watch tv or a movie. I had been seeing guys here and there, a couple of whom I liked very much, but not really concerned about entering into another relationship, with my ex or anyone else. I figure that I need some time to grow and learn to enjoy myself before finding someone to share life with. Then about three weeks ago this guy got hired for Christmas help at the place where I work, and it turned out we had to work side by side (he's my assistant). I took to him right away, and invited him out with a bunch of people from work the first weekend he began. We sat and talked all night while everyone around us was dancing and partying. It was strange because he seemed to know things about me without even knowing me, and vice-versa. Later on, I invited him over so that we could continue talking (nothing more was on my mind at the time). Well, we did get pretty drunk which led to a heavy make-out session. I stopped things before they got too far though, because I felt like I was still 'cheating' on my ex. Before he left he gave me a great big kiss and said he'd see me at work a couple of days later. Nothing was said about calling each other, so I didn't try to, and I didn't hear from him.

When I saw him at work later, it was like nothing had happened. Things weren't weird like I thought they would be, but they weren't exactly great. The thing is, I'm 24 and he's only 20, and I know what guys can be like at that age. So I couldn't tell if it was just one of those drunken things that happened or if he really liked me. My place is on his way to work so he gives me rides to and from work on the days that our schedules match. He gave me a ride home last weekend and on the way I asked him if he wanted to do something with me sometime. He said he would love to and to give him a call when I wanted to do something. Things were good but I was also in a really weird mood that day and before I left the car I leaned over and gave him a little kiss on the cheek and told him that I was beginning to like him...stupid me. I was elated, but the next time I saw him at work things felt weird and I didn't know what to say to him. Eventually I apologized for kissing him and he told me not to worry about it and that I didn't have to say sorry for doing it. That helped a bit, although I still felt weird about it. He gave me another ride home a couple of days ago, and since we had the same shift the next day he offered to give me a ride there and back again. On the way back I asked what he was doing on Wednesday night. He said he had been planning to go to a hockey game but he didn't know if he had anyone to go with, and that I should give him a call. I told him I'd be happy to go with him if he couldn't find anybody else and he seemed a bit surprised that I wanted to go to a hockey game. When I left he said, "See you on Friday (the next time we work together) or Wednesday." He'd be stupid not to know how I feel about him. The thing is I can't tell if he actually likes me, if he's just playing me, or if he's simply being nice because he doesn't know what else to do. He seems very nonchalant and acts differently with me than with everyone else at work, but I can't figure out why. I do really like him, and that makes me want to act differently myself, so I don't know if this is the reason for his behaviour too. Or does he just want to be friends? I'm scared to talk to him about this in case I scare him off somehow, but I'm also beginning to feel a bit frantic since he'll only be working with me for another two weeks before transferring to another part of the store, or leaving altogether. Also, I was thinking of calling him on Tuesday rather than Wednesday if he's not working late...would that be a good idea? I don't want to seem too forward or pushy but at the same time I don't really know what to do! Looking forward to some responses, and I will add stuff here and there if anyone has any questions.