Anyone done groupe therapy?

I started doing group therapy with about six people and a psychiatrist who mediates. The first session was centered around me because I was new, then the second session was centered around another person. nobody choose it like this, it just happnes randomly where one person will talk and then another..

I'm sort of worried that it might take a long time before it comes back to me again and what if something happens and I need more immediate attention?

Can you get the same benefits from group therapy as you can with an individual psychiatrist?

Group therapy is usually recommended for clients who have been in individual therapy for a while, although it's beneficial for others as well.

If you have very specific issues to work out, I strongly recommend some individual sessions for yourself.

If your issues further involve dealings with life and people in general, you can learn a lot by listening to others and by learning to express your feelings around other people. Group therapy is very beneficial, even if you're silent and never talk, as long as you listen.

Don't worry about them getting back to you. Participate in the group, speak your mind, and be there consciously.

Don't expect to get the kind of attention there that you would in individual therapy. One on one therapy has a very specific purpose and can be more effective in some ways while group therapy is more effective is much different ways.

Stay in group. You will benefit if you pay attention and don't long for "your turn."