committed or not?

lonely...long distance thing

lonely...long distance thing

I'll try to make this short. BF travels alot, recently in new york, penn, texas. Have had sporadic time together but talk on the phone alot. He has roots in my home town, comes home when he can.. one case of infedelity that I know of on his part. Not sure if he has remained faithful since. I'm afraid he's a dog who won't quit chasing cars. Says he loves me, but I need more words than that. We are not children. He is 51 and I am 44. He will not communicate with me when I share my frustration or lack of trust, or ask for some words regarding a future together. He will never answer me. Just wants to discuss the weather and jobs. Yet when I break up, he hates it. I hate it. I am on the verge of going out with other men, yet I feel guilty. Why should I feel guilty when I'm not getting the promises of a future with this current BF? He says he'll be home in five weeks. I said to him, and just where do you think home is? He said Oh cut it out. He is not hearing me, chooses not to hear me, yet he'll come home and come right to my house! Any suggestions on how I can get this guy to HEAR what I am saying?

He hears what you are saying but he doesn't understand how important it is to you. When you break up with him you always get back together.

It takes lots more than love to make a relationship work. You are definitely not getting what you want out of this, even though you may love this guy and miss him when you don't see him. There is not hint in the future that you will ever get what you need emotionally, timewise, or otherwise what you want or need from this thing.

I think he's committed to what you have now, which is something you aren't really fond of.

If you want to be happy, find a guy who is more responsive to you and in town more often.