$$$6.50 an hour

it seems i can't do anything right! i have beed practically laid off work making $18.00 and hour and have not been able to find another job that i like.

so i applied at target and was hired for $6.50 and hour.

my boyfriend thinks i should make at least 8-10.00 an hour somewhere else but i have looked and not found anything that interests me.

i think i may like this job at target working on the sales floor keeping things neat and helping customers and what ever else they will have me doing.

i do not think or feel that this job is beneath me because of the pay but he does and it is making me feel like maybe i should not take this job, but then what?

he seems to be frustrated with my lack or work and his picking up the bills, but now when i have something it does not meet his standards.

i could spend another month looking for something and maybe i could find something and maybe not, so i should take what i can get for now that is the way i see it, but he is making me feel incompetent and dumb for only making bare minimum wage. yeah, yeah i know "no one can make you feel what you don't want to feel" still you get the picture? what can i do about it tho?

What you should do is tell him to shut his pie hole. He's being an insensitive jerk.

I think you should take the job because it's much better than nothing. And no one ever said you can't be looking for a job while employed somewhere else. So keep an eye out for better jobs and apply where ever you want, all the while working at Target.

By the way, I thought minimum wage was around $5.25 an hour? I could be wrong, but if that's the case, then you wouldn't be making minimum wage at Target, you'd be making more.

And believe me, I know how much it can suck to have a job that you have no desire to go to. I see nothing wrong with taking a job that makes less money but that makes you happier, because odds are, the happier you are with a job, the more likely you'll be to WANT to go there everyday. The more your job sucks, the more likely you'll be to find every little reason not to go.

So once again, tell your boyfriend that he needs to shut his pie hole.

thank you VERY much! i needed that support, and you were exactly right he is an insensitive jerk but he calls me one too i guess. like tonight we were suppose to go to dinner around five and i just called him and he said he wanted to come home first and shave and stop off here and there on the way, and i said we wont get to dinner until after six or six thirty and i'm hungry now.

he said to eat a little something now, but i know then i wont be hungry later, that is just the way i am.

so i told him to forget it we'll go another time causei just want to go eat now.

he got mad and said i "was pushing him" his familiar battle cry.

he said things came up at work and he needs to take care of them tonight, and that i am hassling him.

oh well story of my life. "sigh"

What you should do is tell him to shut his pie hole. He's being an insensitive jerk. I think you should take the job because it's much better than nothing. And no one ever said you can't be looking for a job while employed somewhere else. So keep an eye out for better jobs and apply where ever you want, all the while working at Target. By the way, I thought minimum wage was around $5.25 an hour? I could be wrong, but if that's the case, then you wouldn't be making minimum wage at Target, you'd be making more. And believe me, I know how much it can suck to have a job that you have no desire to go to. I see nothing wrong with taking a job that makes less money but that makes you happier, because odds are, the happier you are with a job, the more likely you'll be to WANT to go there everyday. The more your job sucks, the more likely you'll be to find every little reason not to go. So once again, tell your boyfriend that he needs to shut his pie hole.

Hey, I had a friend that worked at Target. He always showed up and stayed late when they needed him and stuff like that. He was moved up to making alot more an hour and being a lead or whatever they call them there pretty quickly. If you are a hard worker, you probably won't be making 6.50 very long!

Peaches

thank you VERY much! i needed that support, and you were exactly right he is an insensitive jerk but he calls me one too i guess. like tonight we were suppose to go to dinner around five and i just called him and he said he wanted to come home first and shave and stop off here and there on the way, and i said we wont get to dinner until after six or six thirty and i'm hungry now. he said to eat a little something now, but i know then i wont be hungry later, that is just the way i am. so i told him to forget it we'll go another time causei just want to go eat now. he got mad and said i "was pushing him" his familiar battle cry. he said things came up at work and he needs to take care of them tonight, and that i am hassling him. oh well story of my life. "sigh"