AGENT : How to choose ring?!!

Need some advice

Need some advice

hi all,

I'm thinking of getting my gf a Tiffany Lucida- i think it's about US 6-7K for a 0.75c one

What else would you consider for an engagement ring-I'm asking about reputable jewellers like Tiffany&co , cartier...

I really liked my husband's idea. He went to a small jewler and picked out the stone before it was set into a ring. The jewler showed him a selection of loose diamonds and he looked at them under a microscope to see the flaws. Personally, I think we got a much better value than a pre-set stone because I chose a very simply design and the jewler made it to my specifications. We did the same thing with our wedding bands and now have very unique rings that match out personalities.

Also, ask your mother if there is an heirloom ring in the family. It's kind of a slap in the face if you have one but don't use it.

If you buy at Tiffany's, or Cartier, or any of those prestigious jewellers, you're going to pay oh so much more..because you're paying for the "name," and not so much the actual ring/diamond itself.

If you spend some time and learn all about diamonds yourself: Cut, Carat, Color, Clarity, then you can make a much wiser purchase at a jewellers that isn't going to add on an addition $2000, just for the "name."

$6000-$7000 is a fair bit for not even a 1 carat diamond (only 3/4 carat).....That's outrageous, in fact.

You should be able to get a nice 1 carat diamond for that money, and one that's a good color (D or E), good cut, and good clarity (VS or VS1).

Do a little homework on shopping for diamonds, unless you WANT to just throw your money away, buying a 400% markedup diamond with the "Tiffany's" stamp on the inside?

L

hi all, I'm thinking of getting my gf a Tiffany Lucida- i think it's about US 6-7K for a 0.75c one What else would you consider for an engagement ring-I'm asking about reputable jewellers like Tiffany&co , cartier...