why men want cake and eat it too

melody

i need feedback on why one woman is not enough to satisfy one man. it seems as if many men are always looking for a fantasy ideal woman who doesn't exist. they love and leave woman only to keep doing the same thing over and over again. generally if most woman find one man they are happy with they can be monogamous, but i can't understand why one woman is not enough for one man. any input on this?

You're putting a stereotype on the entire male population. That's not very fair.

Most men, when they find the right woman, can successfully be monogamous. If all you've met are men that can't be monogamous with you, then you obviously weren't the ONE for them. Just as they aren't the ONES for you. I mean, what's the point of staying in a relationship with somebody if it's going no where? Maybe that's why you seem to think all men can't be monogamous.

So relax, date, and have fun. You'll find the ONE sooner or later.

Women cheat at about the same rate as men, but usually for different reasons. While men are just horny by nature and submit to the evolutionary call to spread their genetic material throughout the land, women often cheat for sport, because they are pressured or seduced or for grudge purposes.

Don't generalize on this subject. There are a great many men and women who are quite content with one person over a long period of time. There are others who are dissatisfied to one extent or other but remain faithful.

It's very hard for many people to remain with one person over a very long span of time without being tempted by someone else.

Your idea that this tendency to stray is gender specific is not accurate.

thanks for your reply. i don't think all men are not monogamous i said in my posting some men. the problem is who is the "right woman"? the men can be very monogamous to their other partners perhaps but maybe it's just the male nature to have many woman that's what the men i have been meeting lately tell me. they feel it is not in the woman's nature to have mutliple partners. i'm not sure i agree with that. if men can have many women why can't woman have many men? sounds kind of sexist to me. woman are supposed to be saintly and virtous while men are expected to be playboys. the madonna whore syndrome. i think there can be more than "the one", there might be many "one", thanks for the encouragement and hope that i'll find the "one"

You're putting a stereotype on the entire male population. That's not very fair. Most men, when they find the right woman, can successfully be monogamous. If all you've met are men that can't be monogamous with you, then you obviously weren't the ONE for them. Just as they aren't the ONES for you. I mean, what's the point of staying in a relationship with somebody if it's going no where? Maybe that's why you seem to think all men can't be monogamous. So relax, date, and have fun. You'll find the ONE sooner or later.

thanks for your response. i agree both men and women cheat but it seems that many men cheat more than women do. if a woman cheats she is not regarded in the same way as when a man cheats. the expectation is the woman will be the dutiful partner staying at home while her man is out having as many woman as he wants. sorry to be inaccurate and say this is only a man thing, i indicated that this was some men not all, but it just seems that it is more acceptable and expected that men will cheat most women like you said tend to cheat if they have been cheated on and have a grudge or feel pressured but i don't want to generalize here either or be inaccurate.

Women cheat at about the same rate as men, but usually for different reasons. While men are just horny by nature and submit to the evolutionary call to spread their genetic material throughout the land, women often cheat for sport, because they are pressured or seduced or for grudge purposes.

Don't generalize on this subject. There are a great many men and women who are quite content with one person over a long period of time. There are others who are dissatisfied to one extent or other but remain faithful. It's very hard for many people to remain with one person over a very long span of time without being tempted by someone else. Your idea that this tendency to stray is gender specific is not accurate.