jekly and hyde boyfriend

butterfly

i have this boyfriend who is really confusing me. please don't say it is because i am young that i am confused. the problem is that he has these outbursts of temper when things go wrong, like if he is trying to put something together and it don't go right, or when he buys something and it does not work, he gets mad that it does not go right, or even when his works bothers him and things don't go as planned. the worst part of this is that just as quick as he gets mad he gets over it. this is why i am confused, cause i've never seen someone that can get so mad so easy then come back to normal just as fast. i don't know if that is good or bad, but when he is mad it makes me want to leave him because i don't like angry people and he gets very angry and moody at times then gets over it so fast that my head spins. how do i deal with someone like this, i am not experienced with this thing and i don't think people act this way normally, do they? i have not seen men get so angry about such stupid dumb little things as he does, do they eventually outgrow this? please help before i turn into a crazy person from this up and down turmoil.

Hey, babe, you're pretty lucky. Lots of people get mad and drag it out for days. It's pretty healthy to express anger and extremely healthy to get over it quickly and not harbor it.

The fact that your boyfriend gets angry so often indicates a personality trait that most likely developed when he was young. Chances are good that one of his parents dealt with life the same way.

He may outgrow this or he may need therapy. There's really no need for him to upset himself so often about little things he's going to forget about moments later.

We all have our little quirks. If you can't live with this and he won't get help, go find another guy. I think you're much better off with a guy who blows off steam quickly and forgets about it.

This shouldn't be confusing at all to you. Now, if you want him to stay mad for long periods which may be less confusing for you, ask him to do so and he may honor your request.

You're not confused, you're being abused. Temper issues over little things are a sign of possible temper issues turned outward...you don't want to be the one in the way when he can't control himself.

He needs to grow up and learn how to deal with things not always going his way and until he does, you don't need him.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking he will change, or worse yet, that you can change him.

Don't deal with someone like this. Tell him to give you a call when he's able to act like a mature adult.

Don't be afraid of being alone and don't believe the hype that there aren't any good men out there...there are a TON!

Wait for one of them to come along...you deserve it!

i have this boyfriend who is really confusing me. please don't say it is because i am young that i am confused. the problem is that he has these outbursts of temper when things go wrong, like if he is trying to put something together and it don't go right, or when he buys something and it does not work, he gets mad that it does not go right, or even when his works bothers him and things don't go as planned. the worst part of this is that just as quick as he gets mad he gets over it. this is why i am confused, cause i've never seen someone that can get so mad so easy then come back to normal just as fast. i don't know if that is good or bad, but when he is mad it makes me want to leave him because i don't like angry people and he gets very angry and moody at times then gets over it so fast that my head spins. how do i deal with someone like this, i am not experienced with this thing and i don't think people act this way normally, do they? i have not seen men get so angry about such stupid dumb little things as he does, do they eventually outgrow this? please help before i turn into a crazy person from this up and down turmoil.
imursexgoddess

I think it sounds like your BF has a medical condition called Bipolar (AKA Manic Depression). I know you might be saying that he isnt depressed, but thats not what Bipolar is. It is where he has highs and lows when it comes to his moods. Most of the time totally out of proportion with what is going on at the moment. Over 2.2 million adults have Bipolar in the U.S. and most of which isnt even diagnosed. My brother has Bipolar and your BF sounds just like my brother. He might (does) need to see a doctor for this condition. There are medications and (illegal, in some states) drugs that can help. Since my brother lives in California, he gets to smoke marijuana legally to help his condition. I hope your BF gets the help he needs.