My girlfriend is my employee

I feel I have been unfairly discriminated because I'm dating someone at work who happens to work for me. I don't see the matter when we are both adults and performing our jobs correctly. When I hired her, it was for professional reasons only. I feel she gets pick on for her performance purely because she is dating me. I do not always favor her over her others, though I do believe in being gentlemanay to female staff.

I am a busy man and I rarely have time to go out to meet women so I do not feel it is unreasonable to find a mate on the job. I also think its unfair I get accused any time I offer her a larger bonus or more compensation rewards over her team members when the reasons for my actions were for her good work. It's also unfair because her good performance is unrecognized. We act professionally in the office nor do we fight or stage out any of our personal problems in the workspace. I also think other personnel in the company should respect that she's my gf and therefore offlimits.

More importantly, it affects work performance and socializing should be done after office hours. The pressure is also hurting our relationship as she has tried to break up with me. This is also affecting my performance and I think she has no right to treat her boss this way. If she is obeys my direct command it is under her contract that she maybe dismissed without any notice or compensation. Afteralll, we're in a professional environment where being productive and focused on office issues hold paramount importance. I could also dismiss her on the grounds that she lied on her resume. If i make it public it would be difficult for her to find a similar position in the industry. Ifeel i'm helping her by keeping her in her job and to give guidance always. If she knows what's good for her she'll do as I say

You are a real butthole for holding her job up to her as extortion for staying with you. She is interested in doing a good job and going up the ladder at this time, NOT being with you. She has tried to break up with you in order to break away from the problems that plague her at work and like a real jerk you would rather fire her than let her off the hook with you.

You are not worthy of being the boss of a worm.

One day when you grow up and get some maturity, first realize what you are doing to her is illegal. Second, you are causing great harm to your workplace by your relationship with this lady who doesn't even want to be with you any longer. Third, you are being a real greaseball by keeping her chained up with you when she would rather be free to just work for the company, put in her eight hours a day and go home free of all the baggage.

You talk about your workplace being professional but there is nothing professional about your conduct. My cat would be a better boss.

Please, try to find it in your heart (if you have one) to let this girl go...forget your ego and your pride...and just let her do her job.

Learn a lesson from this. The lady is absolutely miserable and you just want to make that misery go on and on and on.

You are the kind of guy who makes many women think of men as real a**h***s. Give the rest of us guys a break, cut this lady loose and help give us a better name!!!

PLEASE!!!

Almost responded to this one before Tony, then went back and deleted everything figuring it wasn't worth the time. For a minute I almost hoped you were just bored at work and playing some sick joke. Hard to believe you actually made it into management position. You should be fired!...and I hope your fellow co-workers eventually see to it that you are.

I feel I have been unfairly discriminated because I'm dating someone at work who happens to work for me. I don't see the matter when we are both adults and performing our jobs correctly. When I hired her, it was for professional reasons only. I feel she gets pick on for her performance purely because she is dating me. I do not always favor her over her others, though I do believe in being gentlemanay to female staff. I am a busy man and I rarely have time to go out to meet women so I do not feel it is unreasonable to find a mate on the job. I also think its unfair I get accused any time I offer her a larger bonus or more compensation rewards over her team members when the reasons for my actions were for her good work. It's also unfair because her good performance is unrecognized. We act professionally in the office nor do we fight or stage out any of our personal problems in the workspace. I also think other personnel in the company should respect that she's my gf and therefore offlimits. More importantly, it affects work performance and socializing should be done after office hours. The pressure is also hurting our relationship as she has tried to break up with me. This is also affecting my performance and I think she has no right to treat her boss this way. If she is obeys my direct command it is under her contract that she maybe dismissed without any notice or compensation. Afteralll, we're in a professional environment where being productive and focused on office issues hold paramount importance. I could also dismiss her on the grounds that she lied on her resume. If i make it public it would be difficult for her to find a similar position in the industry. Ifeel i'm helping her by keeping her in her job and to give guidance always. If she knows what's good for her she'll do as I say

I couldn't have said it better than Tony and BeenThere.

Leave this girl alone. If you are supposedly so good at keeping your relationship separate from your job, then you should have no problem breaking up with her, yet continuing to be her boss without any attempts to hurt her career.

EMPLOYER

You chose to mix this business with pleasure. You chose the consequences of an office romance, AND you chose to overlook the fibs on this woman's resume when it was mutually convenient. She wants to leave the relationship, so you backstab her as you even consider using the lie on her resume to cause HER termination in the industry?

Just play the ignorant card until you recognize that you are the last person recieving unfair treatment.

I feel I have been unfairly discriminated because I'm dating someone at work who happens to work for me. I don't see the matter when we are both adults and performing our jobs correctly. When I hired her, it was for professional reasons only. I feel she gets pick on for her performance purely because she is dating me. I do not always favor her over her others, though I do believe in being gentlemanay to female staff. I am a busy man and I rarely have time to go out to meet women so I do not feel it is unreasonable to find a mate on the job. I also think its unfair I get accused any time I offer her a larger bonus or more compensation rewards over her team members when the reasons for my actions were for her good work. It's also unfair because her good performance is unrecognized. We act professionally in the office nor do we fight or stage out any of our personal problems in the workspace. I also think other personnel in the company should respect that she's my gf and therefore offlimits. More importantly, it affects work performance and socializing should be done after office hours. The pressure is also hurting our relationship as she has tried to break up with me. This is also affecting my performance and I think she has no right to treat her boss this way. If she is obeys my direct command it is under her contract that she maybe dismissed without any notice or compensation. Afteralll, we're in a professional environment where being productive and focused on office issues hold paramount importance. I could also dismiss her on the grounds that she lied on her resume. If i make it public it would be difficult for her to find a similar position in the industry. Ifeel i'm helping her by keeping her in her job and to give guidance always. If she knows what's good for her she'll do as I say