Relationship problems

BRAD

My girlfriend and I have been having some problems lately. I just turned 18 and she just turned 17, we have been dating for about 16 months, I live at home and she lives with a friend of hers because she dropped out fo school and is getting her GED and her dad said she cant come back home. I am moving to las vegas in 2 months and i plan on bringing her with me, i went there last week to check things out such as apartments. I bought her some gifts in las vegas and when i came back home, i called her and wanted to see her..., she said that she was going out with friends. I talked to her sister later that night and her sister said that she went to a party with those friends, and her sister also said that she went to a party earlier in the week when i was in Las Vegas. Is she jealous that i brought my friend to las vegas instead of her? What should i do? I really need some advice?

think i need some clarification here . . . you went to las vegas with a FEMALE friend?? also, did you ASK your girlfriend to go out there with you?? definitely don't recommend trying to grill the sister for info -- why don't you talk to your girlfriend?!!

My girlfriend and I have been having some problems lately. I just turned 18 and she just turned 17, we have been dating for about 16 months, I live at home and she lives with a friend of hers because she dropped out fo school and is getting her GED and her dad said she cant come back home. I am moving to las vegas in 2 months and i plan on bringing her with me, i went there last week to check things out such as apartments. I bought her some gifts in las vegas and when i came back home, i called her and wanted to see her..., she said that she was going out with friends. I talked to her sister later that night and her sister said that she went to a party with those friends, and her sister also said that she went to a party earlier in the week when i was in Las Vegas. Is she jealous that i brought my friend to las vegas instead of her? What should i do? I really need some advice?

NO i went to las vegas with a guy friend - best friend

think i need some clarification here . . . you went to las vegas with a FEMALE friend?? also, did you ASK your girlfriend to go out there with you?? definitely don't recommend trying to grill the sister for info -- why don't you talk to your girlfriend?!!

well, it sounds to me like she might be upset that she wasn't the one that went with you . . . did you ask her to go?? regardless, i think you just need to talk to her and ask if she's upset about something. this is a fairly significant thing for both of you here, so i'd make sure everything is OK before all decisions are final!

NO i went to las vegas with a guy friend - best friend

I didnt ask her to go because she has a job but she saves no money at all, all she does is put stuff on layaway and she had no money and i didnt have enough to pay for her, and my best friend did have money.

well, it sounds to me like she might be upset that she wasn't the one that went with you . . . did you ask her to go?? regardless, i think you just need to talk to her and ask if she's upset about something. this is a fairly significant thing for both of you here, so i'd make sure everything is OK before all decisions are final!

Hey, you should be able to talk to her about this ... aren't u planning to move in together in vegas soon?

are u even sure she wants to move to vegas with u?...

I didnt ask her to go because she has a job but she saves no money at all, all she does is put stuff on layaway and she had no money and i didnt have enough to pay for her, and my best friend did have money.

i would definitely guess that she's upset cause you didn't ask her to go. you know the saying "it's always nice to be asked" . . . or something like that.

i really would suggest talking to her about all this. you're making a MAJOR decision with her, and i think there needs to me some pretty serious discussions before things are definite. these money issues could cause some MAJOR problems for you two once you've moved and live together!

Yes thats true, but what about the parties she went to while i was gone and then when i come back from las vegas she said that she was going to go out with her friends but she went to a party. So instead of seeing me and hearing about the things i have to say about las vegas (place we are moving) she blew me off and went to a party with her friends. She just told me she was going out with friends and i found out that she went to a party from her sister. That really hurt me and i dont know what to do. Help?

i would definitely guess that she's upset cause you didn't ask her to go. you know the saying "it's always nice to be asked" . . . or something like that. i really would suggest talking to her about all this. you're making a MAJOR decision with her, and i think there needs to me some pretty serious discussions before things are definite. these money issues could cause some MAJOR problems for you two once you've moved and live together!

I think u'r slightly over-sweating this ... so what if she wanted to have some fun with her friends ... party, out, it's all the same ...

However, if she didn't contact u after that & didn't want to hear about vegas even later, she's probably having doubts about moving there wiht u? ...

good luck

Yes thats true, but what about the parties she went to while i was gone and then when i come back from las vegas she said that she was going to go out with her friends but she went to a party. So instead of seeing me and hearing about the things i have to say about las vegas (place we are moving) she blew me off and went to a party with her friends. She just told me she was going out with friends and i found out that she went to a party from her sister. That really hurt me and i dont know what to do. Help?

Brad...I'm going to be straight forward here and appologize right now if I'm about to hurt your feelings. But all this talk about "she went to party here," and "blowing you off to go to party with friends" indicates neither one of you are in the right frame of mind to be making life-altering choices about this relationship and where it is going. Be a teenager! Both of you enjoy your youth and freedom while you have it! Don't make adult decisions until you are both mature enough to think things through clearly and wisely.

Your are making a BIG mistake!

just have a talk with her -- you have every right to ask questions (as does she!), and i'm guessing she was upset it wasn't her on the trip. could be wrong, but is there really going to be a GOOD reason for this?? what will you hear from her that will make you feel better?? but, you should REALLY keep this in mind before all the moving happens . . . along with the money situation . . . this is a BIG STEP here!!