affairs

covergirl

I would like to know if there is anyone else out there like me,that is addicted to love and sex.All my life i could never be faithful.Im now 36 and been married for 12 years,and im on my second affair,HELP? whats wrong with me.I love my hubby,although I believe I married to young.Does anyone have this addiction?If so e-mail me so we can chat.

thanks

It has nothing to do with addiction. It has to do with lack of ability to keep your word, lack of self control, lack of will power, morals, principles, etc.

There are lots of married folks who would like to skip out now and then and get a little strange on the side. It's a human thing...not an addiction. But they don't because they have made a committment before their God or their partner or some greater power and swore they would remain faithful.

There is no physical necessity (addiction) for you to roam around, otherwise you would have found a need to cheat far more than twice in twelve years. What you did is simply succumb to temptation.

Forgive yourself and say no more. You are among those who just can't resist temptation, whose moral training was not sufficient to value a promise, whose will power and self control is not sufficient to resist temptation, etc. That doesn't make you a bad person, it just means your partner latched on to somebody who isn't able to keep her word.

If there are problems in your marriage, if your husband is not giving you things you need in the marriage, if you are unfulfilled in some way, seek counselling or assistance in working out the difficulties.

If your marriage is fine and you still have the urge to cheat every six years or so, forget it being an addiction. You are just not able to resist the urge to continue seeing what's out their. Call it arrested development, call it disloyalty, or whatever. But it's not an addiction. You are definitely not alone in what you are feeling and doing.