Life- Starting over

What a life

This isn't really so much about having regrets, but more to dowith hindsight, enlightenment, and wisdom. Sure, we all make mistakes once in a while and would love to be able to simply turn back the hands of time just a few minutes in order to make a decision that would have saved us from embarrassment, made our hand-earned dollar go just a little further, or something along those lines. But what if you wre given a choice to live your entire life over? Perhaps that's too broad a spectrum. Let's say, maybe, just your professional life. What would you rather be doing right now, career-wise?

For me, I suppose I'd like to give a serious go at doing some writing..professionally. I'm not sure what I'd write about, but there are so many thoughts that I wish I could have put down on paper, so many experiences I would like to pass on to someone. Perhaps it's the desire to perpetuate oneself, to have a legacy. Are there others out there who agree with me that it would be rewarding to create something, to build something that will outlast even ourselves, something that will still " be there" long after we're gone?

That's what I'd like to do if given the chance to start all over..create something that lives on.

Funny you should ask.

If I had my life to live over again, of course there are lots and lots of things I would do differently, lots of people I would avoid, lots of loves I would have, lots of foods I would eat and avoid, lots of trips I would take and others I would avoid, etc.

However, I'm quite sure that in that new life I would get, I would make an equal number of mistakes in other areas and wish to live even another time to correct those...and on and on.

So, all things considered, it's probably better not to go back and do things over. This life's certainly long enough for us to get back on our feet when we screw up big time, learn from our mistakes, and get better as we move along.

There is no opposite of chronological order.

Chronological order is just that and it's opposite would also be chronological order...such as starting with the smallest to the largest or the largest to the smallest. It's all just plain chronological order.

....as to why this post has such good grammar the whole way through (e.g. as though the person posting is fluent in english), yet a couple of the other posts sound as though the person posting is using english as a second language.....eh????

is "what a life" the same person each time they post a message??? i'm not being rude, just inquisitive....is "what a life" having us on, plagiarising, both or none of the above???

the difference in language in the posts just caught my eye.

This isn't really so much about having regrets, but more to dowith hindsight, enlightenment, and wisdom. Sure, we all make mistakes once in a while and would love to be able to simply turn back the hands of time just a few minutes in order to make a decision that would have saved us from embarrassment, made our hand-earned dollar go just a little further, or something along those lines. But what if you wre given a choice to live your entire life over? Perhaps that's too broad a spectrum. Let's say, maybe, just your professional life. What would you rather be doing right now, career-wise? For me, I suppose I'd like to give a serious go at doing some writing..professionally. I'm not sure what I'd write about, but there are so many thoughts that I wish I could have put down on paper, so many experiences I would like to pass on to someone. Perhaps it's the desire to perpetuate oneself, to have a legacy. Are there others out there who agree with me that it would be rewarding to create something, to build something that will outlast even ourselves, something that will still " be there" long after we're gone? That's what I'd like to do if given the chance to start all over..create something that lives on.

I just checked the sources and the above posts from "what a life" came from two different computer locations. I have no idea what the deal is, games or what.

I learned a long time ago not to worry about things over which I have no control.

You are an excellent detective.

I just checked the sources and the above posts from "what a life" came from two different computer locations. I have no idea what the deal is, games or what. I learned a long time ago not to worry about things over which I have no control. You are an excellent detective.

thanks tony, and back at ya! i didn't even think to check the source of the messages.

whatver the reason....it duzzen madda! :)

That´s quite a thing to wonder about-sure all of us have at some point or the other...

Read the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho if you haven´t-it´s a very inspirational book about finding your place in the world and truly pursuing your dreams..

I think the most important thing is not to ever lose focus on what you want to do. Stop making excuses for why you aren´t pursuing your goals. It´s never too late-it´s just our fear that tells us things like that!!

If you feel that you were put on this earth to be a writer-then write!!! What´s stopping you?? You may not be able to start off as a professional writer right away, but what is stopping you from taking little steps, and starting to write. Take some steps every day, and one daY you will find that your goal is not so far away.

By the way: It is not always the goal reached that brings the joy-most of the time it´´s the struggle to reach the goal that´s the fun part...

Don´t be the person who observes others achieving their dreams, while you ´re doing something you absolutely detest doing, just because you weren´t willing or frightened to take the little steps...

Best of luck to you!!!

This isn't really so much about having regrets, but more to dowith hindsight, enlightenment, and wisdom. Sure, we all make mistakes once in a while and would love to be able to simply turn back the hands of time just a few minutes in order to make a decision that would have saved us from embarrassment, made our hand-earned dollar go just a little further, or something along those lines. But what if you wre given a choice to live your entire life over? Perhaps that's too broad a spectrum. Let's say, maybe, just your professional life. What would you rather be doing right now, career-wise? For me, I suppose I'd like to give a serious go at doing some writing..professionally. I'm not sure what I'd write about, but there are so many thoughts that I wish I could have put down on paper, so many experiences I would like to pass on to someone. Perhaps it's the desire to perpetuate oneself, to have a legacy. Are there others out there who agree with me that it would be rewarding to create something, to build something that will outlast even ourselves, something that will still " be there" long after we're gone? That's what I'd like to do if given the chance to start all over..create something that lives on.