breakup

after two months of dating my boyfriend didn't call for a week and i broke up with him. his excuse was that he was too busy. now he's begging for a second chance and has apologized and promised to do better. he began to make a point of calling me every other day but i feel that its not something he has to remember to do everyday it should be automatic that he picks up the phone and calls me. this man takes care of me in every other way a man is suppose to but he just doesn't return calls.to me it says that he doesn't care. am i being too hard on him or do i have a legitimate reason for breaking things off? does he deserve a second chance?

The excuse that somebody is too busy to call their girlfriend is 100 percent, unadulterated, pure, whole, unconditionally guaranteed BEE ESS, that's BS.

Unless someone has a valid contractual obligation to work 24/7, has his hands tied, is far away from a phone, or has some other very compelling reason why they couldn't call...even for a minute or two..., obviously other things were more important.

So, now that we know he's a liar, do you think you want to get back with him?

I have never believed that anybody should remain with someone where a breakup was required in order to get them to appreciate a relationship. That's also a lot of bull sxxt.

I'm also very proud that you think enough of yourself to be away from a jerk like this. It ought to really piss you off that it took a break up to get him to start calling you on a regular basis. Is that what you want to live with the rest of your life?

Considering you've only been dating for 2 months I think you MAY be over-reacting a little. It's not like you've been dating for 2 years! Taking things slow in the beginning is a good thing. Maybe he didn't want to move to quickly for fear of pushing you away (which obviously backfired).

I think he definately deserves a second chance. If the relationship wasn't so new I would say NO WAY.

Good Luck!

after two months of dating my boyfriend didn't call for a week and i broke up with him. his excuse was that he was too busy. now he's begging for a second chance and has apologized and promised to do better. he began to make a point of calling me every other day but i feel that its not something he has to remember to do everyday it should be automatic that he picks up the phone and calls me. this man takes care of me in every other way a man is suppose to but he just doesn't return calls.to me it says that he doesn't care. am i being too hard on him or do i have a legitimate reason for breaking things off? does he deserve a second chance?