Bastard Boyfriend!

A few months ago my boyfriend accidently let slip over the phone that he had slept with someone else while we were going out. Of course I was shocked and upset, and broke up with him immediately. But we have been going out for 3 years, and I ended up getting back together with him shortly after. Although he has made it clear that he regrets it, that he is sorry, and that the only reason he didn't tell me was because he didn't want me to get hurt, I still cannot trust him months later. We still laugh together and have great sex, and I really think that he is my soul mate. But how can I get over his infidelity? I know that he loves me, but I can't help but check up on him every now and then (I even check under his car seat and his receipts for things that he has bought!!). Although there is nothing to suggest that he hasn't been unfaithful again, I just can't seem to forget what happened. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Sorry babe, nothing short of a lobotomy will help you forget this. You'll just have to deal with it. You chose to get back with him...you'll just have to put it out of your mind.

There will always be a part of you that knows he's capable of disloyalty.

The only thing I can suggest is that you realize he is human, just like you, and humans are capable of making mistakes they regret.

One more suggestion. If he does it again, cut off his weiner and break up with him for good. No, just do one or the other.

There's only so much you can do. You can try and put it behind you or let it haunt you for the rest of the time you're together with him. There's nothing wrong with being cautious since he done it before, but you can't go psycho otherwise he's gonna get tired of it.(Even though it was his fault). You've already decided to give him a chance by getting back together with him, so you need to clear the slate and start over. Don't let it overwhelm you. And if you don't think you can get over it, you need to move on.

A few months ago my boyfriend accidently let slip over the phone that he had slept with someone else while we were going out. Of course I was shocked and upset, and broke up with him immediately. But we have been going out for 3 years, and I ended up getting back together with him shortly after. Although he has made it clear that he regrets it, that he is sorry, and that the only reason he didn't tell me was because he didn't want me to get hurt, I still cannot trust him months later. We still laugh together and have great sex, and I really think that he is my soul mate. But how can I get over his infidelity? I know that he loves me, but I can't help but check up on him every now and then (I even check under his car seat and his receipts for things that he has bought!!). Although there is nothing to suggest that he hasn't been unfaithful again, I just can't seem to forget what happened. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
sierra sugar

I would be checking up on him. Why not he has lost the trust so its up to him to gain it back. If it were me I would make him work his but off to gain it back or not stay with him. I can just imagin how you are feeling cause I honestly do not think I would be able to get over it EVER if my boyfriend did this to me. I have found the love of my life but if he was ever to cheat on me I would not be able to take it. I give you credit you are a strong girl to still be with him. I say keep checking up on him until you feel comfortable. If he doesn't like it then too bad for him. He shouldn't have done this in the first place so now he can suffer.