age differences

I am 27 and my boyfriend is 45.I have one son, he has none. He is good with my kid. we spend alot of time together as well when we aren't together we are on the phone for hours. we get along very well. enjoy most of the same things. he wants to commit.i am very scared to do this. one reason is that i have been burned bad from relationships and don't want this to happen again. the other reason is that i am afraid of the age difference. I am afraid that he is just with me partly because i am so much younger than him and that because of that it is a ego trip to be with someone so much younger. although most of his ex girlfriends were at least ten years younger. should i let age difference get in the way of my relationship. How do i deal with the age gap

Thank you in advance for any heop you can offer.

A man might go with a younger lady for a short time to benefit his ego but I don't think he would get into a long term situation and spend hours on the phone for his ego. I think you're flattering yourself.

However, if you have any doubts whatsoever for any reason...if you're not getting what you need out of this...break up with him. He doesn't deserve someone who suspects his motives. At his age, he needs someone who will be loyal and stable and whose psychological consitution is settled.

Frankly, with your fears I doubt you would be able to be in a relationship with anyone at this point without having some reservations. Maybe you ought to take a vacation from men.

To answer your question, age has got nothing to do with a relationship once both parties are over 25 or so. But how you feel about it makes all the difference in the world.