classes together

JustAGirl

hello...

My bf keeps saying " i gotta have at least one class together with u in each term "

1) why wd he say that??

2) i actually dont want to have any classes with him, just to make it more independent...

3) so how do i get out of having classes together w/out being openly nasty about it?

Thanks =)

1) why wd he say that??

Insecurity or the feeling that there is not enough in common between the two of you outside of the school environment. Having a class with you helps him keep tabs on you better. But, then again, maybe he just wants to see your lovely face more often on campus. Maybe he is inspired to do better in classes where he has to impress you or do as well as or better than you. Maybe it's a competitive thing. Ask him.

2) i actually dont want to have any classes with him, just to make it more independent...

Well, just SAY NO.

3) so how do i get out of having classes together w/out being openly nasty about it?

Register independently of him. Let him know that a solid, healthy romance is based on a degree of independence. The togetherness part of the relationship should take place outside the context of everyday schedules.

Meeting now and then on campus for a Coke or for lunch is great, but even this should not occur on a routine, predictable basis. This is only OK in the initial sickening lovey dovey stages of a relationship where the two just can't be apart. That never lasts too long.

It appears that for whatever reason, love or insecurity, he cares about you more than you do about him...which is fine. But it does put you in control...and that's good for you as well.

You could tell him you can't fully concentrate in class if he's around, and you don't want this relationship to interfere with your grades.

Tell him to take classes that interest him, let him register for them first. Take whatever class you want, and just let him know you will have plenty of time to hang out with him outside of school.

I would hate to be in a class with a boyfriend. First of all, I probably wouldn't pay attention. Secondly, if we ever broke up, it would suck seeing him around on a daily basis.

Those are precisely my reasons!...

the thing is that both of us HAVE to take some classes next year(we're in the approximately same program) ... but there's always a few lecture sections... I won't even be at home when i'll register (trip), so if i do end up having lectures with him, it'll be by accident... which is what i'm worried about...

Thanks for your reply =-)

You could tell him you can't fully concentrate in class if he's around, and you don't want this relationship to interfere with your grades. Tell him to take classes that interest him, let him register for them first. Take whatever class you want, and just let him know you will have plenty of time to hang out with him outside of school. I would hate to be in a class with a boyfriend. First of all, I probably wouldn't pay attention. Secondly, if we ever broke up, it would suck seeing him around on a daily basis.