awkward situation

Hello :)

Situation:

me and my bf know this girl A

my bf knows a guy B

B is single, my bf gave a good desc. of A, B wants to meet A

me doesn't like setting up blind dates (*shrug*)

my bf n me r supposed to celebrate my bday on sat.

he comes w/ an idea of using that as an excuse to get together A and B

when i show doubt, my bf says : but it's all up to u, since it's yr bday, so we'll do everything the way U want it, etc. he repeated that 5 billion times.

another thing: my bf's sis is friends with B; her bday is on sat. ... but she probably won't be in town.

now... i know A likes my bf... or more like she wants him to like her... (u know the type of girls who can't stand a guy liking someone other than them? heh)

my bf claims he doesn't like her. but he has admitted of having dreamt of kissing her. (i know - isn't it stupid of him to admit?) but he also admits dreaming of doing stuff with most girls he knows (normal, right?) ...

So... i'm a bit hurt that he expressed doubt in celebrating my bday alone...

(i'm planning to have a party way later (may) when more friends of mine will be in town)

i'm tempting to not spend it alone w/ him now (like he didn't deserve it or smth)

am i making too much a deal out of it?

am i just jealous of my bf's attention to A?

how should i handle this?

note: bf and i are in the process of getting back together after a week-long fight...

Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Hi...

While I'm sure you b/f has good intentions, I think that setting up a double date/blind date on YOUR birthday is a pretty stupid thing to do. What if these 2, (A and B) don't hit it off at all, and it's really awkward? Just doesn't sound like a good plan to me. Your birthday should be about YOU, not a matchmaking event :-)

And if girl A has the hots for your guy, another reason not to do this on your birthday. The last thing you want to do is have a fight that day, all becuz she starts flirting with your guy or something awkward. Just my thoughts.

If it were me, I'd just suggest to b/f that maybe the next weekend, the 4 of you get together. There doesn't need to be an 'occasion' for them to meet, I don't think.

Laurynn

I don't think it would be appropriate to use the occasion of your birthday to introduce these two people, particularly under the circumstances that you described.

Celebrate your birthday alone with your boyfriend and set up another get-together with the four of you on another evening soon when you can introduce them.

I know you don't like blind dates...but if you know both of these people and you think they will like each other, I think it's a grand thing for you to introduce them. You have no responsiblity for what happens after the introduction.

Happy Birthday!!!

Thanks Tony!

I do NOT know either of them well... that's why i'm sort of not willing to try it... I also know the type of guys the girls likes, and as far as i know the guy, he isn't her type... another thing is that the guy is off to another town in a month (he is here for a semester, then away for a semester - alternates for 4 years) ... so i don't wanna be responsible for this set-up, u know? when i said i dont think it's such a great idea, my bf just quieted down & when i mentioned it later on, he said 'well if u dont wanna do it, we just won't... it's all more of a joke between and my friend anyway' ... (in a nice way)

the thing that bothers me is i feel like my bf likes the girl, but since he's with me and all, he passes her to his friend... i have actually made a joke about it and asked why doesn't he go out with her... and he said smth like "i dont like two-week relationships" ... does it mean he thinks she's too good for him? am i being pessimistic and generally worrying too much about this?

Thanks again.

I don't think it would be appropriate to use the occasion of your birthday to introduce these two people, particularly under the circumstances that you described. Celebrate your birthday alone with your boyfriend and set up another get-together with the four of you on another evening soon when you can introduce them. I know you don't like blind dates...but if you know both of these people and you think they will like each other, I think it's a grand thing for you to introduce them. You have no responsiblity for what happens after the introduction. Happy Birthday!!!

I think you're worrying too much.

I agree with everyone; don't hook them up on your birthday.

But why do you really care if this guy isn't right for her or not? I'm sure she can make that decision on her own. And think about it...if you help hook this girl up with that other guy, there will be a lesser chance that she'll be chasing after your boyfriend.

Personally, I like to know that other girls like my boyfriend. It just makes me feel better because he's with ME.