Mamas Boy Affecting Relationship

confusedgirl

confusedgirl

Ok here goes: I have been dating this guy for about 4 mths. Everything was fine. We live about 1hr and 1/2 apart from each other. We usually see each other every other weekend until this weekend. He tells me that his mom and stepdad dont want him driving to see me anymore b/c they think he spends to much money on me. He says that we should be friends for right now until things are cool with his parents. I dont know what to think. Ohyeah and did i mention HE IS ALSO 24 AND WILL BE 25 NEXT MONTH. just to think i thought we had the perfect relationsip. He is supposed to be getting his own place soon. And the way he put it he said that hes GROUNDED by his parents. Do you all think i should wait for him or leave him alone completely? PLease help me out. Confused Attractive woman

Need to know a little more info.

So he obviously still lives at home with his mom/stepdad. Does he have a full time job? Does he go to school? (college/university)...is he paying to put himself through school? Is he living at home becuz he's going to school and it's cheaper that way? If not, WHY is he still living at home? (I moved out of my parents house at the age of 20, I was done college and although I loved my parents, I couldn't wait to be on my own!)

So he told you that his parents have GROUNDED him? Now that's a little strange. Could it be that his parents are paying for his schooling, so they feel they have the right to make the rules about how he spends his (?their) money?

Without having more information, it sounds like you need to find yourself someone else. If you were only seeing him 2 weekends a month and now you can't see him at all, that's no good. Would be better to find someone who lives in the same town/city as you..so you can do things together like a normal couple....and be with someone who's not ruled by his Mommy and Daddy.

Laurynn