nothing big

Hi!

I have a stupid question.

I hate it when people message me on ICQ and say "i'm bored...." ... and i try talking to them a bit (i guess thats why they said they're bored) ... and then they leave in like 5 minutes... what the hell? Am i right to be annoyed?...

I only say i'm bored to someone if i'm about to suggest doing something together.. why do they inform me ?? (it's mostly medium-close guy friends...) i'm not an entertained, it's not my fault they can't find something to occupy themselves with.....

I know this is a silly question but anyway....

Thanks

- !

They probably aren't bored at all. It's most likely their way of saying they've been on the computer long enough and they've got to go do other things before they get their butt kicked.

Telling somebody straight out that you are bored talking to them, etc. is pretty rude. I don't think they mean to be rude. They just need to go. Don't take it so personally.

Thanks. I know it's no big deal, just bothers me today...

- People START the conversation by saying that... so i don't think they're trying to finish a conversation at all..

I agree that it's rude to even show boredom around someone... I dont know tho - maybe i AM boring... but then why go to me when they're "bored", only to leave 10 mins later?

Thanks

- !

They probably aren't bored at all. It's most likely their way of saying they've been on the computer long enough and they've got to go do other things before they get their butt kicked.

Telling somebody straight out that you are bored talking to them, etc. is pretty rude. I don't think they mean to be rude. They just need to go. Don't take it so personally.