Am I the rebound girl?

Tai W.K.

These last two weeks I have been kind of with this guy who is a long time friend of my roommate. He just recently broke up with his girlfriend of four years. From what my roommate tells me, their relationship was far from normal, with constant fighting and all around disfunctional behavior. He has never once brought her up, nor do I expect him to. My whole take on this situation is that maybe I'm just the rebound girl as he slowly approaches the single life again. We get along really well, have a lot in common, and we have a blast together. Is it crazy for me to get my hopes up? I really don't want to get burned, but I really like him. What should I do?

Mizz Pleasant

Hey Hey Hey Tai WK----

I think this boy be playin' yo. Betta watch yo back, ya know what Im sayiiinnng...never know when ex-girlies gonna come round and rough yo up, ya dig?

Peace out..and good luck.

god bless.

=-)

These last two weeks I have been kind of

with this guy who is a long time friend of my roommate. He just recently broke up with his girlfriend of four years. From what my roommate tells me, their relationship was far from normal, with constant fighting and all around disfunctional behavior. He has never once brought her up, nor do I expect him to. My whole take on this situation is that maybe I'm just the rebound girl as he slowly approaches the single life again. We get along really well, have a lot in common, and we have a blast together. Is it crazy for me to get my hopes up? I really don't want to get burned, but I really like him. What should I do?

You're only the rebound girl if you let yourself slip into that role. At this moment, you have the power to define the relationship any way you like. Take advantage of that. I believe that any relationship has the potential to be whatever the two people involved want it to be. If you see the potential for it to be so much more, then TALK ABOUT IT!!! I can't stress that enough. TALK. TALK. TALK. Take it from someone who learned that lesson the hard way too many times. Talk, damn you!...Bon soir.

I don't think it's ever a good idea to have great expectations in a situation like this. But, at some point, you will have to ask him what his intentions are...or he will announce them to you.

It sounds like your situation is a lot of fun and hopefully it will continue. Enjoy yourself for now and don't worry about the serious stuff for a while. I would be a bit guarded with my feelings if I were you until this is all figured out.