posessive??

JustAGirl

Hey!

As I said in a msg i posted last night, fri night i went out w/ some guy-friends... now my bf is pissed off... i didnt wanna lie when he asked 'what didja do last night?'... he sounds rlly jealous... esp. cuz one of the guy-friends was my prom date (a friendly date, no love story)... is it just his posessiveness? is it too much of it? he starts making jokes about my "other bf's" and keeps mentioning me drinking with 'em (never do..)

Here's his main argument:

a few months ago his parents invited me over for his bday for dinner... i didnt feel comfy w/ such a family dinner and said my mom doesn't allow me to go to ppl's houses alone (i'm 18 :) ) ... we ended up staying out for the whole day (9 am - 1 am of next day)...

and recently i was with the bunch of guy friends in one of their houses until 3 a.m. ... my bf's all mad about that..

ahh! i wanna keep those friends + my bf + keep his "mouth watery", as tony put it...

am i doing smth wrong?...

Thanks!!

I think it's great to have guy friends but I think it's kind of pressing it to be out with them until 3 a.m. I also don't think it's respectful to your guy to do this on a frequent basis.

At the same time, you need to see why your guy lacks confidence in himself and self esteem, which is the root of jealousy. See why he is not secure in the relationship. You really don't need to be with a guy who doesn't feel really good about himself.

I think it's fine to reserve Fridays, or every other Friday, for your guy friends...but midnight or 1 a.m. is plenty late, especially if you're at a guy's house. Much more can happen at a guy's house than out in public somewhere.

I am very sure of myself but I would consider it a bit out of line for a lady of mine to stay out much later than that with guy friends.