I've been trying to reach boyfriend's cell phone for two weeks and he doesn't hear me!

Lina

For the past two weeks I've been trying to call my boyfriend in Peru on his cellular phone and he never hears me. At home there is no fixed phone. I hear him clearly when he answers, but he can't hear me. He just repeats hello hello hello over and over then hangs up.

I tried operator assistance, international assistance and everything, but it's the same story. He hears nobody. First I thought he might be doing this on purpose to avoid me but even when a male operator called him he responed the same way and he has lots of relatives and friends calling him all the time.

It doesn't make sense why he wouldn't get the phone repaired by now or buy a new phone. I can't even reach him to give him my new number and I lost the numbers of his friends.

What should I do?

If your boyfriend makes no effort to contact you within a reasonable amount of time, either by telephone, by snail mail, by Email, through a friend, or by any other means, I think you should take that as a sign that he is either the most irresponsible human being on the planet or he really doesn't want to talk to you.

If I have a girlfriend who is some distance away and I don't hear from her as usual or as planned, I start to worry and immediately try to call. In Peru, there are many facilities for doing that even if he has no base phone. He can also send you a letter via regular postal service or a telegram.

It is also unusual that you don't have his address where he is staying in Peru. He may also have given his friends messages for you and does not know you have lost his friend's phone numbers. But, then again, he could have given his friends your phone number so they could call and check up on you. If you know their names and the cities they are in, you might try calling information. If you are close to this guy, call his parents.

If your boyfriend is of normal intelligence and he keeps getting calls without being able to hear the caller, logic would tell him there is something wrong...that you may be one of those...and to make a concerted effort to get ahold of you.

Any way you slice it, it just doesn't sound like the two of you have a very close relationship. How long have the two of you been in this relationship? In my opinion, this whole thing stinks.

Judging from the tone of your posts on this forum, it would seem logical that you would be having problems hearing from people. If you change your attitude and become nicer and sweeter, you might just hear from important people more often.

Don't take this personally. Just a loving suggestion.

Forget this Peru guy. You are making too much of an effort to contact him. He should be making the effort to contact you. If he can't get his phone to work, he needs to get his act together. There is nothing you can do about it. It is his move.

Judging from the tone of your posts on this forum, it would seem logical that you would be having problems hearing from people. If you change your attitude and become nicer and sweeter, you might just hear from important people more often.

Don't take this personally. Just a loving suggestion.