home coming and unconsciousness

curious georgette (again)

curious georgette (again)

o.k. that is a good start. thank you! o.k. now for another question: i have been doing alot of reading of carl jung, he talks about bringing forth the unconscious to the conscious, he calls it "the awakening"

now i'm not sure how to do this but i sure would love some ideas. ya see, i'm hoping i can unlock some mystery in my mind that would lead me to find out why i'm so jealous (see my post !) and controlling and suspcious etc. you get the picture?

also, i would just love to change so much about myself that i don't like and i think alot about the inner child and being snuffed into someone your not and discovering that person that was long ago lost.

i feel all the time that there is someone else in me who is so opposite of the me that i've lived with for years or that if there isn't someone else opposite of what i'm like on the outside there sure is someone opposite on the inside and she is just dying to get out!

example: i'm very quiet, shy reserved and insecure, now inside i have this picture of me that is outgoing, spontaneous, fun, laughing, happy and just totally fun to be around. or is it just wishfull thinking? how can i tell if what i feel inside is really the real me or if the person i keep envisioning i want to be is the real me?

how does one find out? maybe this is the real me, boy, i hope not causae i can't stand me! any suggestions would be so much appreciated, or feedback...........thank you!

I'm glad you read my books but I meant them for psychologists and serious students of the mind. Unless you have extensive experience and knowledge in psychology, you will most likely not comprehend what I intended to communicate in my writings.

You seem to be on the right path. What you describe, however, is far from anything I have written about. It seems you have a struggle between yourself and the person you would like to be. You can become anybody you want if you go for it.

More appropriate reading for your malady would be "The Divided Self" and "The Self and I", both by R. D. Laing and originally published 30 or 40 years ago. You can probably find them in a public or college library. Another great book for you would be "Love and Will" by Rollo May, published in the late 60's. In that book he describes what he calls the contemporary schizoid phenomena...which you seem to fit. Don't worry, you can get over it with a few aspirin.

I do appreciate you reading my stuff, even if it may be way off the mark for you. But people just don't understand that I stopped getting royalties on all that stuff when I died.

There are no royalties where I am now, but thank God for the air conditioning.