What are we coming too?

Really upset about election results!

Really upset about election results!

I know this is off topic, but I just wanted to voice my disappointment with the American system in which the popular vote doesn't count over the collegial vote. What is your opinion?

The electoral college is the rule and the law. I think it's a great commentary on our country that, unlike some other countries that settle election disputes with riots, troops and bloodshed, we do it peacefully through due process of law.

Even after presidential assasinations and the resignation of President Nixon, the transition to new administrations always went smoothly. And don't forget, Gerald Ford had never even been elected nationally, having been appointed by Nixon following the resignation of Vice President Agnew who had been indicted for bribery while governor of Maryland.

Rather than being disappointed in the American system, I hope you will consider the alternatives and just how well the American system works.

My opinion: these elections are giving me a headache

:)

off the topic as well..but sort of related to this...

the people in DC are disappointed with the system as

well. Did you all see the new license plates? They've got "taxation without representation" written on them.

And like the posts re: football previously, i'm sure these are affecting people's love lives as well. think about all

the people working on the elections/campains etc staying up all night..occupied..when they could've bene home getting laid :)

Yes, instead of voting we could have all stayed home and gotten laid. Yes, there are so many times we could have sex in lieu of doing other things. But sex can wear you out and can get old after some months...and presidential elections come but once every four years.

The people who live in DC can move out to Maryland or Virginia. Sex is just as good there and football comes in great on cable.

Too bad Clinton couldn't stay. I wouldn't want to sleep with neither Bush nor Gore!

Why do the conservative Bible Belt states get to win this time? Barbara Streisand said she would leave the country if Bush got in...

I'm inclined to agree... the possibility that the electoral vote may contradict the popular vote seems a miscarriage of democracy... but with this close of a vote it could still swing either way. Guess that means it's pretty fair and comes close to achieving its goal of representing us.

I have friends in China who have to keep their mouths shut on opinions of politics and God... I had friends in Africa who had to return to North America when violence hit the village. Considered altogether, I guess I'll count myself blessed to be under the U.S.A. system.

I'm inclined to agree... the possibility that the electoral vote may contradict the popular vote seems a miscarriage of democracy... but with this close of a vote it could still swing either way. Guess that means it's pretty fair and comes close to achieving its goal of representing us.

I guess you're right. I will sure miss Bill...and those

afternoons at the Oval Office...

He told me I was the only woman he ever took in the oval office...then Paula came along... then that pesty intern Monica... and now you???

I would ask him about it but I imagine he would just ask me to define the word "only" or to define the phrase "cheating skunk"

;)