Are there teens actually still getting spanked?

samsungxoxo

samsungxoxo

No offense, but seriously that would be so embarrassing. At that you're heading towards adulthood!!!!!!! Now I once read an article at a 15 year-old girl dad's spanking her with a belt and it talks about how it did leave bruises. This is the article I'm gonna copy and paste now!!!!!!!!!

• Date: 06 Nov 2003

Comments

I am a young woman of 22 and was frequently spanked with a belt as a child and in my early teens, and these spankings were always long, hard and painful. Well, for those anti-spanking people, let me tell you that thanks to my spankings, I'm now a responsible and happy young adult. I've always loved my parents. Spankings are an excellent deterrent for misbehavior: I almost never committed again an offense for which I was previously spanked. I was frequently restrained from doing certain things because I was afraid of the possible spanking that would result. When I was 15, I began to smoke marijuana and once, was foolish enough to do it with my best friend on a school trip. We were caught and of course expelled from school. Our parents knew he reason. That day I received the hardest and longest belt spanking of my life. It hurt like hell. When my father finished spanking me, my whole bottom and the upper part of my thighs were fiercely red and stingingly hot. Several hours later they were still red and that night, I had trouble falling asleep because of the intense heat that was still emanating from my bottom and legs because I couldn't find a comfortable position. I had bruises for several days that kept on reminding me my misbehavior Well, I can assure you that I NEVER took drugs anymore. On the other side, my fiend's parents took her marihuana smoking lightly and didn't punish her at all. Well, 4 years later, he died from a heroin overdose. So I am greatly THANKFUL to have had parents who loved me enough to stop me from self destruction. When I'll have children I will certainly spank them.

No offense, but seriously that would be so embarrassing. At that you're heading towards adulthood!!!!!!! Now I once read an article at a 15 year-old girl dad's spanking her with a belt and it talks about how it did leave bruises. This is the article I'm gonna copy and paste now!!!!!!!!!

• Date: 06 Nov 2003

Comments

I am a young woman of 22 and was frequently spanked with a belt as a child and in my early teens, and these spankings were always long, hard and painful. Well, for those anti-spanking people, let me tell you that thanks to my spankings, I'm now a responsible and happy young adult. I've always loved my parents. Spankings are an excellent deterrent for misbehavior: I almost never committed again an offense for which I was previously spanked. I was frequently restrained from doing certain things because I was afraid of the possible spanking that would result. When I was 15, I began to smoke marijuana and once, was foolish enough to do it with my best friend on a school trip. We were caught and of course expelled from school. Our parents knew he reason. That day I received the hardest and longest belt spanking of my life. It hurt like hell. When my father finished spanking me, my whole bottom and the upper part of my thighs were fiercely red and stingingly hot. Several hours later they were still red and that night, I had trouble falling asleep because of the intense heat that was still emanating from my bottom and legs because I couldn't find a comfortable position. I had bruises for several days that kept on reminding me my misbehavior Well, I can assure you that I NEVER took drugs anymore. On the other side, my fiend's parents took her marihuana smoking lightly and didn't punish her at all. Well, 4 years later, he died from a heroin overdose. So I am greatly THANKFUL to have had parents who loved me enough to stop me from self destruction. When I'll have children I will certainly spank them.

That doesn't sound like spanking to me.. sounds like child abuse. I was spanked as a kid.. not hard, and certainly not badly enough to leave bruises or make it sting for like a day. Whoa.

All the way thru highschool my Dad made a huge 4 foot paddle complete with a craved leather handle and put it in the hallway by mine and my brothers room and told us that we needed to keep in line so that he never has to use it..

He never did use it..

But I got 3 wacks in HighSchool as a Sophmore by the Vice Principle for Gambling and he used a 3 foot paddle with holes in it..

burning 4 revenge
All the way thru highschool my Dad made a huge 4 foot paddle complete with a craved leather handle and put it in the hallway by mine and my brothers room and told us that we needed to keep in line so that he never has to use it..

He never did use it..

But I got 3 wacks in HighSchool as a Sophmore by the Vice Principle for Gambling and he used a 3 foot paddle with holes in it..

Yeah, but in those days slavery was legal and homosexuals were drawn and quartered and their entrails were read by augers.

blind_otter
Yeah, but in those days slavery was legal and homosexuals were drawn and quartered and their entrails were read by augers.

:lmao:

Oh my God that was funny.

• Author
samsungxoxo

Man, if my father were to ever do that to me, like that girl, the cops would be there like in 5-10 minutes. I would report him, I don't care, but yea that was abuse. Now I hear parents can get in trouble if they overdo it.

• 4 weeks later...

I always got a bare bottom strapping and I am so happy for it, I am 49 year old male and that was the way you disciplined boys and girls for centuries, look at young people now in schools? look at the behavior of young people now compared to 20 to 30 years ago, kids need a good whipping with a strap if they deserve it, I should have got it a lot more,all for it

tinktronik
I always got a bare bottom strapping and I am so happy for it, I am 49 year old male and that was the way you disciplined boys and girls for centuries, look at young people now in schools? look at the behavior of young people now compared to 20 to 30 years ago, kids need a good whipping with a strap if they deserve it, I should have got it a lot more,all for it
So you think that not beating kids with a strap is te reason for decline in youth? You don't think it has more to do with parents not being around , violent television, and a general change in the world?

I think a good strapping is the way to go for discipline, kids have been getting spanked for centuries, I always got a strapping even when I was 14 I got it once, I also use to get the strap in school too, till some air head came along and said its child abuse, compare 20 years ago to now with our youth, parents should be home to train there kids!

tinktronik
I think a good strapping is the way to go for discipline, kids have been getting spanked for centuries, I always got a strapping even when I was 14 I got it once, I also use to get the strap in school too, till some air head came along and said its child abuse, compare 20 years ago to now with our youth, parents should be home to train there kids!
You still haven't properly anwsered my question.

yes, I think the reason for the behavior of youth is parents not giving there kids a good whipping at home like most kids got at one time, ever since they took the strap out of the schools also kids are going crazy in the schools or some kids! just having parents home isn,t enough thou it is very important, if your boy or girl gets caught stealing what discipline will you use, taking there allowance away or computer away, thats no discipline, kids have to remember not to do it again, strap works good!

lets continue this subject on spanking your kids or teenagers! I know a 14 year old girl down the street from me that got the belt for smoking last week ! I am good friends with the parents! they feel its better than having there daughter smoking, they do have a point, thou 14 years old might be too old, some say that its not right for a girl to be spanked, just boys should be and I totally disagree! give some in put!

HokeyReligions

I'm pro-spanking. If a child who is 15 years old hasn't learned by then about wrong behavior then they should get a spanking. However; a spanking by itself is ineffective. It should accompany a discussion in which the parents listen to the children AND the children learn the why's and possible consequences of the behavior. The spanking is the period at the end of the sentence. It reinforces the lesson - not IS the lesson. Sadly, there are a lot of parents who don't know how to teach their children and anser their questions so they resort to the spanking and the "its wrong because I said its wrong" comments, which doesn't give their children the tools they need to make good decisions later on.

Better to have some bruises and welts for a couple of days than to maybe end up with a drug addiction or killed or a life of bad choices and inability to make a good decision. I don't think its abuse. Life is hard and better the bruises be on the outside and heal then on the inside festering.

that was a real good reply, I got the strap till my mid-late teens and it sure helped me but wow does it ever hurt and I believe this is the only good discipline there is regardless girl or boy like some think there is a difference! how old do you think is the line for whippings? come on everyone don,t be shy, give your opinions! thats what these forums are for!

I don't know how I feel about it - to be honest. Like, I'm sure that it is to some extent, necessary - I really agree with HokeyReligions post above. And some kids just aren't going to listen to anything else - and so many kids can get around other kids of punishments (groundings, revoking of priveleges, etc). But, I am still on some level, like, made uncomfortable by it. And I'm not sure why - I was never really spanked as a kid, myself - there are advantages to being really tall, and having a really short mom, it just wasn't, I guess, practical. I think because there ARE so many people who don't know where the line is, you know?

So, I think that was a lot to say that I'm on the fence.

It's utter bulls***.

Whippings, beatings - that's bulls***. I got spanked.. up until 10 or 12 I think. I grew up to be a perfectly normal person.

My parents spanked me once in kindergarden, probably because they were out of their minds with worry when I went home with a friend instead of coming straight home from school. I'm sure I had gotten a swat or two as a toddler, but I don't remember. Otherwise, they have never hit me.

There are plenty of ways to teach kids what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior, what is right and wrong and why, and even ways to punish them without spankings. Beatings and whippings with belts, objects, etc. are child abuse. Slaps on the face and head can cause brain damage, especially for a young child. Babies can even die from being shaken hard.

Considering that a parents anger and frustration is behind a lot of spankings/beatings, it's very easy for a parent to get out of control. Bruising, welts, bleeding? If anyone else did that to your kids, you'd have them arrested - it's not ok when you do that to your own kids either.

Even when it is a controlled spanking, it's the wrong lesson to teach children. Beating your child breaks their trust - the person who 'loves' them most is the one who hurts them without blinking, supposedly for their own good. Children who are beaten grow up to do the same things to their kids.

HokeyReligions

I think a lot depends on the individual too. Some children learn the lesson without a spanking and other's don't. Parents need to know their children and what will work best for them.

As for controlled spanking (not sure that everyone has the same definition of that) well, when I was spanked and when I spanked it was obvious that it was hurting the spanker too - that made as much, if not more, of an impression of the seriousness of the offense as the physical pain and shock. I remember my mother's tears but I don't remember the pain or how the spanking actually felt. People's definition of a spanking is different too. I don't consider it abuse at all.

My parents spanked me once in kindergarden, probably because they were out of their minds with worry when I went home with a friend instead of coming straight home from school. I'm sure I had gotten a swat or two as a toddler, but I don't remember. Otherwise, they have never hit me.

There are plenty of ways to teach kids what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior, what is right and wrong and why, and even ways to punish them without spankings. Beatings and whippings with belts, objects, etc. are child abuse. Slaps on the face and head can cause brain damage, especially for a young child. Babies can even die from being shaken hard.

Considering that a parents anger and frustration is behind a lot of spankings/beatings, it's very easy for a parent to get out of control. Bruising, welts, bleeding? If anyone else did that to your kids, you'd have them arrested - it's not ok when you do that to your own kids either.

Even when it is a controlled spanking, it's the wrong lesson to teach children. Beating your child breaks their trust - the person who 'loves' them most is the one who hurts them without blinking, supposedly for their own good. Children who are beaten grow up to do the same things to their kids.

We're not talking beatings here.. we're talking spanking. I see nothing wrong with it, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. As I said, I was spanked and I am a perfectly normal, behaved, non violent person.. heck, I don't even like to kill bugs :) I even got the belt to my tush from time to time, when I got really out of hand. But not too hard,as to leave welts or anything like that. And yes, if my children acted out, I would spank them if they got really out of hand. Kids now a days can be so out of control, that yes, some of them need to be spanked. One of my girlfriends has 2 young kids. They are so out of hand.. there's just no discipline. I really think if she spanked them from time to time, it might teach them a lesson..

onmyownagain

I was smacked as a child, can't remember when it stopped but probably in my mid teens I think. I don't smack my daughter but sometimes think she deserves it but it is frowned upon in the UK these days.

I was whipped with a razor strap on my bare end and I don,t think of it as child abuse, its called love, its been going on for centries! never seen anyone die yet from the strap, kids need it especially now a days

I was whipped with a razor strap on my bare end and I don,t think of it as child abuse, its called love, its been going on for centries! never seen anyone die yet from the strap, kids need it especially now a days

Ok.. a razor strap is a whole different ballpark from spanking..