Quick pole...please read if you have time...

almostthere

I am a 26 y/o single mom of two. The older me and my children get the more I realize just how messed up the world really is. I am not a drug or alcohol abuser. But when I run accross parents that are...I tend to frown upon then questioning their parenting skills. Obviously if you and going to smoke pot as an adult you dont see anything wrong with it. So why would you care if your child does? thats just my opinion of course. I am just wondering who shares the same opinion as me and I would like to hear from the other side too. Ever since I became a bartender I have met so many parents that think its fine. Am I just old school? Too judgemental?

• Author

Well...I read a thread in a different forum that said smoking pot once or twice a day ever day was considered casual so I guess casual.

The problem is your mind is more set on what you will and won't do. Your children have not reached that point of knowing what they will or won't do so smoking pot is a stepping stone to the world of drugs. If you have no problem with your kids experimenting with ALL types of drugs then you have no problem with their behavior. Don't think you can tell them it's OK to smoke pot but it's not OK to experiment with all the others.

Having had 1 brother who died of a drug overdose and another who has battled it for years, I find drug use utterly disgusting. I know alot of people who use them both recreationally and addictively. Why would anyone want anything to control them or better yet kill them? And as far as children go, my son-in-law has never hid his constant pot use (along with occasional use of other drugs) from his kids. It was so nice to find out that my 17 year old granddaughter just tried cyrstal meth twice. Why would she not!!!!

"Obviously if you and going to smoke pot as an adult you dont see anything wrong with it. So why would you care if your child does?"

Because he or she is a MINOR. WHEN they grow up they will make their own choices. But as a minor they can not drink beer, use drugs, etc. So the above statement is stretching it.

Do you have an occasional glass of wine? Beer? I see no difference in the majority of people I know that smoke pot to relax just like one might have a glass of wine...........other then the fact that it is illegal.

• Author

It's nice to see that there are parents out there that still find a problem with drug use or abuse. I dont see how smoking up could be equally as bad as a parent coming home from work to have ONE beer. If I had one beer I can still function normally. I am not going to doze off or act weird.

I am not trying to put anyone down who smokes pot as a parent. I just think its way wrong and I wanted to see who agreed with me.