Potty training!

Heavenlyflower9

Heavenlyflower9

FYI:Our nearby Daycare (here in Germany it's called a Kindergarten) started accepting from age 1 1/2. Quite different than in the states, where in Daycares infants are accepted and some employers allow only 6 weeks of maternity leave for moms. Of course longer if you use your vacation time. After I had my daughter in Texas, we could'nt afford me staying home any longer than that. SO....i had to go back to work full time. It was hard!

In Germany, Mothers are allowed to take up to 3 years of so called Maternity leave or Raising time. This is not paid. It's really up to the mother. But in addition, we do recieve money from the government for each child that is in our care. So that helps out a bit! Just kind of wanted to give yall bit info on why most of the daycares here don't accept infants etc.

My daughter is 2 years old and I would really like to put her into Kindergarten. I feel she needs to interact with other kids, instead of being stuck at home with mommy allday. Plus, she gets so excited when we go to pick up her big brother and she sees all the kids. Unfornuately, the only slot open now is for the dry ones. She's still wearing diapers. What I'm wanting to ask is. Is there anyway I can help her get potty trained? Somehow speed up the process!

I never had to potty train my son. He was 2 at the time. Just all of a sudden one day he decided not to wear diapers anymore and started using his potty. I was so surprised! I really did'nt do ANYTHING!

I know every child is different and the child knows when he or she is ready. But, I can help her a bit? Give her a little push? what should I do? any advice would help! Thanks!

buy a potty chair and let her pick out some favorite cartoon panties.

this is a big incentive to a little kid to be allowed to wear "dora " or "carebear" undies. take her potty often.

The undies thing is great BUT here's what I would try. I did it with my son. Show her the underwear and tell her that when she starts using the toilet she can wear the big girl undies. Have her be naked from the waist down all day...no diaper and no undies. I think that just might do the trick! Oh and yes, take her to toilet often.

I put on the heavy teary cloth undies and when my daughter used the bathroom without telling she didn't like the feeling at all.. My daughter was real easy to potty it is other areas that i had more trouble with she so defiant !!lol Pretty much potty training was a breeze had the expierence with ss !!:)

• Author
Heavenlyflower9

Thanks! I will try the big girl undies and take her often to the potty. Awhile back, I did let her run half naked around the house. Did'nt work too well. She would stand in a corner and do her business once NO one was looking or when I briefly left the room. So I gave up on that way. Wish me luck! Hopefully she'll get the hang of it soon. Then No more diapers!!! I'll keep yall updated!!

Heaven