Any idea what to give my daughter for her 18th bd pressie ?

Hi people.

My d turns 18this week, l don't know what to get her. She's work so hard with school this last 18mths and l'd love to get her something special.

l was thinking about a necklace and cross, she loves crosses , no she's not religious , just loves crosses.

But then l'm not sure if that would be special or something to give your daughter. I mean it's something she'd have for life, l love that idea.

Any thoughts ?

Any thoughts ?

if she likes Amazon get her a gift certificate and she can buy whatever she wants

I mean it's something she'd have for life, l love that idea.

Then why second-guess? Sounds like a very nice gift, make sure you get a good chain since it's that portion getting the wear-and-tear...

Mr. Lucky

amaysngrace

A nice piece of jewelry is a great idea!

I still have a ring my parents gave me for my confirmation. It’s my birthstone and I love it!

• Author

haaaa, she loves anything goth.

l was worried about the chain too as mr lucky said l mean l'd like something a tiny bit chunky so it never wares out or breaks but girlie stuff is often so fine.

Do you think something midway to chunky would be ok say 2 or 3ml thick ?

Scarlett.O'hara

Have a look at the necklaces she already has. That will give you an idea of what type of chain to go for.

For what it's worth, it sounds like a lovely gift.

CautiouslyOptimistic

l was worried about the chain too as mr lucky said l mean l'd like something a tiny bit chunky so it never wares out or breaks but girlie stuff is often so fine.

Do you think something midway to chunky would be ok say 2 or 3ml thick ?

I think the cross is a great idea. And I would not worry too much about the chain because they can always be replaced. Maybe even get a couple of different ones? Different thickness and length so she can wear it a few different ways.

I think a cross on a chain is a great idea. Maybe have something ingraved small at the back of it.

As a teen my daughter loved the gothic look, I offered her a semi-chuncky puter chain with a rectangle pendant. She wore it for 15 years and now her youngest sister wears it. It's timeless.

What about getting her a charm bracelet with a cross? The every significant event you can get her a new charm.

CautiouslyOptimistic
What about getting her a charm bracelet with a cross? The every significant event you can get her a new charm.

Yes, great idea. If she doesn't already have a Pandora or Alex & Ani bracelet, get her one of those.

Trust your instincts and get a lovely cross necklace. Both of my daughters love the cross necklaces they received as special gifts and wear them often. Is your daughter a yellow gold or white gold kinda gal? :)

• Like 1

get her the entire discography of The Cure...

• Like 2
Does she have a musical jewelry box?

is there one that plays "Boys Don't Cry"??

What about Nine Inch Nails?

I don't know their music...are they Goth?

• Author

Nice idea thanks donni but funny, a Slavonian friend of mine made her one she loves so she's all good.

• Author
Does she have a musical jewelry box?

Well , l bought her one when she was about 10 now that you mention it , no idea if ir's still about.

• Author

Anyway , low and behold, l had a feeling about a town l don't go to much 15mins over. Found a jewelry shop there, fairly conservative l'm thinking hmmm gut may've been wrong on this but kept looking through and there it was.

Found a beautiful little piece small semi goth cross set in a gorgeous black pendant, with a very unusual semi chunky twisty chain , really nice.

Sent a pic to ex she said she'd love it soooo, l bought that.

l know she'll love it too.

Thanks a lot for the help people , l'm really pleased.

• Like 2