Love being a Mom of a boy

Wallysbears

Wallysbears

This kid is so much fun. Especially now that nice weather is here again and he’s getting bigger and more independent.

My husband just built him a gigantic swingset/play yard thing....slide, swings, monkey bars, a rock climb wall, a “tower” etc. and he will play for HOURS on it and in our yard.

Filthy from the tip of his head to the soles of his feet and just all boy. He’s digging holes and sliding and playing with his trucks and making “mountains” with his construction toys.

I am so glad to be a Mom of a boy. He’s go go go all the time...and then just the sweetest little man. Although I do want 1/2 his energy!

How are your kiddos doing this spring?

• Like 3
amaysngrace

My youngest son, when he was two, and I went to visit my grandmother in the hospital. We stopped in the gift shop there to pick up flowers and I bought my son a matchbox car. That child sat and played with that one car for the entire visit. A nurse even commented that she couldn’t believe a toddler was in the room for the lack of commotion he made.

That little boy will be married this time next month. :love:

Enjoy every moment Wally. It all goes by entirely too fast.

• Author
Wallysbears

OMG he loves his matchbox cars. He's getting some in his Easter basket and I can't wait.

And I can't believe how fast the time is going. He's already 3.5 I swear he was just a baby like yesterday.

What's the saying? The days are long but the years are short?

CautiouslyOptimistic

So true.

Have you seen those T shirt ads on Facebook for "Boy mom" with all the balls? They are so cute!

• Like 1
  • Author
Wallysbears
So true.

Have you seen those T shirt ads on Facebook for "Boy mom" with all the balls? They are so cute!

I haven’t but will look!

This is just the sweetest post.

Yes enjoy every second of the childhood. When my 2 girls were small I kept wanting them to get to the next stage. Crawling, walking, talking, out of diapers, etc. Then they both went to primary school and I was so sad!

Now I have a 7 month old boy and I am just soaking up every moment! Every second with him and my girls is so beautiful and joyful!

I love that you are letting him get messy and play! Keep having fun!

Have a beautiful day my friend.

amaysngrace

Oh wow. I just re-read my post and said my youngest son played in the hospital room with a car but it was my oldest son. I’ve heard that a woman loses half her brain on the delivery table.

I’m a mom to three.

• Like 1

Enjoy every moment with him, time goes so quickly.

I have 2 boys. My youngest just left home on the weekend, I'm so sad and lost without him!! It feels really strange to be alone after 26 years of having at least one boy in the house.

Boys are easy, if you live in a temperate climate you can literally throw a t-shirt and pair of shorts on the them and raise 'em in the back yard. Mine ate many a meal on the swingset.

3 boys and one girl, she was more of a challenge than all of them put together...

Mr. Lucky

OMG he loves his matchbox cars. He's getting some in his Easter basket and I can't wait.

And I can't believe how fast the time is going. He's already 3.5 I swear he was just a baby like yesterday.

Sooo true. My daughter turned 8 last month and I can't believe it. From that little baby that they laid in my hands when she was born to a full blown little girl who hangs out with friends and talks about her favourite books and movies and characters.

She's just so sweet, smart and funny and such a leader. It's been such a privilage raising her and watching her grow.

GorillaTheater

I've raised four boys, aged now between 28 and 16. I always had something of an advantage because there was no **** they could pull that I hadn't done myself. I could see it coming a mile away.

The two older ones used to catch scorpions and black widow spiders and have gladiator battles. Someone once told me that this was the most Texan thing they've ever heard of. :laugh: (The spiders always won).

I have a grandson now who's 6. He's a walking, talking disaster zone. He was bit by a coral snake when he was 2 and just about gave me a heart attack. When he was four, he broke his leg playing hockey in the house with the other kids.

He calls me grand-dude. :)

• Like 3

Gosh I am hope that I'm fortunate enough to be able to experience this one day.

It sound beyond amazing.

Something tells me that however happy I THINK I am now, childless, that it doesn't even scratch the surface of how happy I am once I have kids.

This post is refreshing. So many mum's bitch and moan and complain every time they talk to me. They seem so ungrateful. So glad there are plenty of mum's out there who find it a real joy even day to get the privilege of raising little ones

I always wanted a boy.

• Like 1

I have a grandson now who's 6. He's a walking, talking disaster zone. He was bit by a coral snake when he was 2 and just about gave me a heart attack. When he was four, he broke his leg playing hockey in the house with the other kids.

He calls me grand-dude. :)

Grandkids are the best. Love 'em up, spoil 'em up, sugar 'em up and send 'em home. Just had mine for a week, the best part of parenting without any of the hassles...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

l was so glad to be the dad of a daughter,

People use to assume l'd like a boy back when, always said nope whatever is cool with me and we had a girl.

l'll never forget and l hope she doesn't either, the fun we've had either just me and her or with her and her friends over the years and the stuff we've done and times we've had.

She's 18 now and l still love our time together and convos , more than anyone l know apart from gf, they're on a par l'd say.

l've always worried her mum will win out over me in the end and sadly she gets to live with her the last few years.

No it's not a competition and l've always wanted them to be just as close , but sadly over the years they've grown closer now , that use to be us.

Still , l often feel privileged that my 18yr old girl can sit around just about anywhere with her old man and talk for hours and hours or happily still come away for a few days somewhere and not be bored like most might at that age- not that l'm boring haha, but eh she is an 18yr old now.