Teething Necklaces

Hi All!

Has anybody tried the amber teething necklaces for when new teeth come in?

I have read mixed results and would love to hear your opinion.

Thanks so much!!!!!!

major_merrick

I'm dealing with a cranky, teething daughter right now!

I would avoid those amber bead necklaces, for multiple reasons. First, beads can pop off and are a choke hazard. Second, anything around the neck is a strangulation hazard. Third, the succinic acid the amber is supposed to release isn't released in effective amounts at normal temperatures.

There are other remedies for teething you could try. The best one seems to be a slightly frozen washcloth. The cold relieves the itch, and it is squishy enough to chew on. The second method is to dilute oil of clove in lemon juice, and rub that on the baby's gums. The oil is too strong for a young child, so diluting it is essential. Lemon juice seems to help more than water.

I also avoid those plastic and rubber teething rings. Chemicals and fragments just don't seem like a good idea.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

Amber teething necklaces weren't a thing when my kids were babies, but they look dangerous!

Maybe I'm blocking it out, but I don't remember all that much teething trouble with my kids. Unless maybe my son was teething from 0-18 months since he cried that entire time! lol

• Like 1

I've not any experience with the necklaces but we used the gel rings that went in the refridge and those worked really good

also.. a frozen half wet washcloth worked good too....

• Like 1
  • Author

Hi!

Oh wow. I did not realize how dangerous they were! Ok, I put a washcloth in the freezer. Hopefully this helps!

Thank you for the suggestion for the oil of clove, I might try this next!

Thank you everyone!

• Author
I'm dealing with a cranky, teething daughter right now!

I would avoid those amber bead necklaces, for multiple reasons. First, beads can pop off and are a choke hazard. Second, anything around the neck is a strangulation hazard. Third, the succinic acid the amber is supposed to release isn't released in effective amounts at normal temperatures.

There are other remedies for teething you could try. The best one seems to be a slightly frozen washcloth. The cold relieves the itch, and it is squishy enough to chew on. The second method is to dilute oil of clove in lemon juice, and rub that on the baby's gums. The oil is too strong for a young child, so diluting it is essential. Lemon juice seems to help more than water.

I also avoid those plastic and rubber teething rings. Chemicals and fragments just don't seem like a good idea.

Hi!

Thank you for the advice. I hope little one feels better soon!!!

Have a beautiful night!