LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Parenting

Let Her Eat Cake!

Parenting Discuss tips, concerns, and all the mayhem involved in raising kids.

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2018, 9:24 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Clavel View Post
...so stop throwing out food and stop acting like you understand. you can't.

one thing you might consider. asking them to attend over-eaters anonymous.

if they don't want to go then take yourself over to the al-anon meeting to learn how to cope with someone else's addiction.

good luck
The fact that it makes no freaking sense is a sign there is a problem. The behavior and mannerisms are mind bending. We had a great weekend but still there were issues: she will skip meals or take such miniscule portions that anyone would be hungry in 5 minutes. Don't know what that's all about because its not fooling anyone.

I walked into the kitchen (she thought we were in bed) and she was buttering 2 large Portugese rolls. This was within 15 minutes of her mom telling her she needs to cut carbs and eat more protein.

I will suggest Overeaters Anonymous. I think it is getting to that point.
Otter2569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2018, 10:25 PM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter2569 View Post
The fact that it makes no freaking sense is a sign there is a problem. The behavior and mannerisms are mind bending. We had a great weekend but still there were issues: she will skip meals or take such miniscule portions that anyone would be hungry in 5 minutes. Don't know what that's all about because its not fooling anyone.

I walked into the kitchen (she thought we were in bed) and she was buttering 2 large Portugese rolls. This was within 15 minutes of her mom telling her she needs to cut carbs and eat more protein.

I will suggest Overeaters Anonymous. I think it is getting to that point.
The mother should set an example and keep her own food log!
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2018, 6:22 AM   #48
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneL View Post
The mother should set an example and keep her own food log!
JuneL I totally agree. I floated the food log idea last week just to plant the seed.

GF has done remarkably well these last few weeks: going to the gym, eating in, eating healthy, buying healthy and cutting back on alcohol. Her cholesterol has dropped 40 points and shes lost a few pounds.

The nutritionist is recommending a therapist for the daughter (how the last therapist missed this is beyond me?!).

GF realizes that she has to be an example and that the daughter has to want it for herself so she typically does not push the girl and usually sees through her attempts at getting crap food. Im hoping this s the beginning of something good.
Otter2569 is offline   Reply With Quote