LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Parenting

Sleeping arrangements

Parenting Discuss tips, concerns, and all the mayhem involved in raising kids.

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2018, 10:47 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_merrick View Post
Yeah, the sex thing has definitely crossed my mind. Nobody should be traumatized by walking in on their parents doing it. The thing is, many sources of advice about relationships state that regular sex is beneficial if not necessary for a good relationship. There are a number of people here on LS who complain about not having enough sex in their relationship, and that it leads to marital strain. With that in mind, isn't a locked door necessary to set up a situation where sex is possible, thus reducing strain on the relationship and reducing the likelihood of a breakup? I would think that having a locked door is a small price to pay for having two loving parents.

As for the fears, I can definitely see kids being afraid of the dark. But why not let them have some light at night? I have often wondered about the whole "monsters" thing. How do kids become afraid of monsters? Does someone tell them there are such things?

In the OP's case, the loneliness issue is somewhat solved by the two kids rooming together. My husband's kids share bedrooms as well. I can imagine it might be more difficult for an only child.
I can totally understand you!
We did a lot of co-sleeping for during the first year. When I still was breast feeding it was also very comfortable for me not to have to get up. Once I started using the organic Hipp formula (myorganicformula.com/collections/hipp-organic-formula) in addition we also made the transition to sleep in other rooms.
It works pretty well. We have a nightlight and the doors open so she doesn't feel too lonely, but I have the feeling the fear of the monsters might become a problem once she is in kindergarten.

Love
Ritta
ritta is offline   Reply With Quote